• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ou rmt #2

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
:186:Politoed (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Atk / 84 Def / 4 SAtk
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Waterfall
- Ice Beam
- Perish Song
- Toxic

This guy sets up rain. Waterfall is for Blissey (will usually OHKO). Parish Song acts as my Pseudo hazing move.

:232:Donphan (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Ice Shard

Sets up stealth rock, rapid spins and revenge kills 4x ice weak pokemon

:242:Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell
- Seismic Toss

Wish passer and Special Wall

:214:Heracross (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Megahorn
- Stone Edge
- Sleep Talk

This guy destroys teams!!!! The only pokemon that gives him problems on the switch in is gliscor

:212:Scizor (M) @ Muscle Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit

I get a lot of surprise kill with this set since most players expect choice band.

:145:Zapdos @ Choice Specs
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunder
- Heat Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch

just a choice specsed Zapados

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Before I even rate, 3 questions.

1. Since I'm quite aware of who you are, are you trolling?

2. If not, have you ever even tested this team?

3. If you have, do you realize that you're using 2 UUs (one of which is not conducive to your team synergy in the slightest) AND Donphan, who would be a UU if it wasn't for the fact he was good on exclusively Sun Teams?

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
1. No
2. Yes I have. It does pretty well in standard OU
3. I do but it seems to be working for me

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
He's probably not trolling, he's done a RMT before in which there was a relatively serious discussion about the team.

Anyway, here's some changes that don't involve redoing like your entire team.

CB Sleep Talk Heracross isn't good unless you're in Ubers, where it is a very good Darkrai counter. Otherwise, sleep moves just aren't that common outside of Breloom. Go Adamant as well, you're not outspeeding anything other than walls, you're forcing switches and hitting like three trucks.

Muscle Band sucks. Get an Occa Berry or Expert Belt.

Specs Zapdos doesn't really work. One of Zapdos's greatest assets is its fantastic type coverage. Few Pokemon resist BoltBeam, and Heat Wave is icing on the cake. However, giving Zapdos a Choice item basically removes that threat. It's really easy to switch into Electric moves; Dragon, Ground, and Grass Pokemon are very common. the same goes with Fire- and Ice-type moves. Together, they are strong. Separately, they are exceptionally weak when compared to, say, Dragon-, Ground-, or Water-type moves. In reality, you won't be able to predict well enough to pull it off.

Politoed does benefit this team only slightly. Decreasing a couple weaknesses to fire and giving 100% accuracy to Thunder. Plus, granting you an option to take out other weather status with drizzle.

Politoed cannot really do a whole lot on its own in an OU environment and it really is like having one less pokemon on the team since it does not greatly increase the effectiveness of the team all that much.

Also, you have heat wave on Zapdos with Drizzle on the team. Damage reduction.

Plus, there seems to be a lot of switching to be going on with this team. If you want to have Politoed last, you'll have to switch out as its your lead. Blissey will be frighted by any hard hitting physical pokemon. Heracross and Zapdos are automatically switching out once they cannot hit anything hard anymore.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
He's probably not trolling, he's done a RMT before in which there was a relatively serious discussion about the team.

Anyway, here's some changes that don't involve redoing like your entire team.

CB Sleep Talk Heracross isn't good unless you're in Ubers, where it is a very good Darkrai counter. Otherwise, sleep moves just aren't that common outside of Breloom. Go Adamant as well, you're not outspeeding anything other than walls, you're forcing switches and hitting like three trucks.

Muscle Band sucks. Get an Occa Berry or Expert Belt.

Specs Zapdos doesn't really work. One of Zapdos's greatest assets is its fantastic type coverage. Few Pokemon resist BoltBeam, and Heat Wave is icing on the cake. However, giving Zapdos a Choice item basically removes that threat. It's really easy to switch into Electric moves; Dragon, Ground, and Grass Pokemon are very common. the same goes with Fire- and Ice-type moves. Together, they are strong. Separately, they are exceptionally weak when compared to, say, Dragon-, Ground-, or Water-type moves. In reality, you won't be able to predict well enough to pull it off.
I use jolly because I can come in on all Pokemon with a + speed of 85 or lower and at least speed tie with them. Sleep talk is there because all his other options suck

I might switch out muscle band for expert belt, but most of the time, you are hitting pokemon with bullet punch and U-turn for neutral damage so that is why I chose muscle band

What item or set do you suggest for Zapdos?

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I use jolly because I can come in on all Pokemon with a + speed of 85 or lower and at least speed tie with them. Sleep talk is there because all his other options suck
Pokemon with 85 or more base speed:
A ton of Pokemon here
Rotom-A: Most are Timid. Or Scarf. Or both.
Toxicroak: Counters you

Pokemon with less than 85 base speed:
Gyarados: He'll have a Dragon Dance up. Usually runs Adamant, anyway.
Dragonite: Jolly Dragonite don't happen. Many Dragonite don't even have 252 Speed.
Venusaur: Outspeeds you with Chlorophyll
Everything else lower, you outspeed regardless of your nature.

I might switch out muscle band for expert belt, but most of the time, you are hitting pokemon with bullet punch and U-turn for neutral damage so that is why I chose muscle band
The reason you're trying to bluff a Choice item is so you can get off super-effective hits, right?

What item or set do you suggest for Zapdos?
Life Orb or Leftovers, you can try defensive (physically or specially), Sub + 3 Attacks, Roost + 3 Attacks, etc.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
I was talking about pokemon with less that 85 speed that run a + speed nature like heatran or Breloom

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Try Virizion over Heracross.

Virizion @ Life Orb
Jolly / Justified
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Swords Dance
Leaf Blade
Stone Edge

Basically provides an extra electric resist while overall having the same Utility. Might be better if you put Choice Band on Scizor if you use this, though, since you'll need that immediate power from Heracross to be replaced.

Also Consider running Scarf or Specs Rotom-W over Zapdos. Basically it can take advantage of Rain more than Zapdos can, and it overall has better synergy with your team, providing a more reliable Fire resistance in the case that Rain isn't up.

Rotom-W@Choice Scarf/Specs
Timid / Levitate
4 HP / 252 Spa / 252 spe
Thunder
Hydro Pump
Volt Switch
Trick

Please also take note that your team has no Stealth Rocks weakness after this- Donphan may be dumpable for another, better hazard setter that lacks Rapid Spin.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
I gave Zapdos a Magnet and put hidden power electric on Politoed. My score right now on the Smogon server is 1355!!!

Top Bottom