• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OU Balanced Rain Team

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
This is the main team I am currently using. I built this team around Heracross since he's my favorite Pokemon in the game and I always felt like he was very underrated in B/W. If you guys have any ideas or tips on how to improve my team, I would like to hear them.

Politoed (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Scald
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Toxic
- Perish Song

I use Politoed for the same reason almost everybody uses Politoed. To set up rain. This does three things for my team. It gets rid of other weather, It lowers the amount of super effective damage my bug type pokemon receive and it makes my Rotom's Thunder 100% accurate. The set, stats and nature were chosen because I felt it was the set that would work best for my team. I needed an extra pokemon with bulk since my Donphan is running a more offensive set. This Politoed is a good emergency counter to Gyarados if my Rotom faints and does pretty well against Ninetails and Tyranitar.

Donphan (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 124 HP /252 Atk/ 4 Def/ 128 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin

Sets up stealth rock, Rapid spins, revenge kills weakened dragons and destroys stuff with Earthquake. This guy does so much for my team. Sturdy is such a great ability and when paired with Blissey's Wish, it makes it impossible to 2HKO him on the switch without the aid of entry hazards. With these stats, he outruns certain pokemon that might give him trouble and gets some surprise KOs on players who think that their pokemon can outrun him.

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell
- Icy Wind

A lot of people may think this is a weird set for Blissey, but it works. There aren't enough slots in my team for a wish passer and a healer so I chose to give Blissey both attacks. Icy Wind is there for pokemon who think that Blissey means a free set up. After one Icy wind, most Pokemon have to switch if I safely switch in Heracross or Scizor and thanks to Wish, switching becomes a lot safer.

Heracross (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Megahorn
- Stone Edge
- Sleep Talk

Heracross is so awesome! With proper prediction, very few Pokemon can safely switch into His insanely powerful attacks. Most teams only carry one Heracross counter and some teams don't even carry a counter at all. This means that every time you safely switch Heracross into an unprepared team, something is going to get knocked out. Heracross is also a great status absorber and with sleep talk, becomes a great Breloom check.

Scizor (M) @ Expert Belt
Trait: Technician
EVs: 224 HP / 252 Atk / 16 SDef / 16 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit

This is a great Scizor set. I can't even count the amount of surprise KOs I've gotten with it. This set destroys many Pokemon that would otherwise counter it's more popular sets. This is because it does such a good job at disguising itself as choice band Scizor. However this set does come with the downside of doing significantly less damage than the choice band set (especially if the attacks are not super effective). Also, half of the famous Volt-Turn strategy.

Rotom-W @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Thunder
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Trick

The other half of the famous Volt-Turn strategy. This guy is mostly just here to spam his thunder attacks, boosted Hydro Pumps and mess up Pokemon with Trick. Thunder is there to destroy Jellicent since it causes my team a lot of problems. If there is no need to use trick, it does a great job at sweeping in the late game.

My team has problems with the SkarmBliss+Jellicent combo. Other than that, I don't seem to have many problems. So, that's my team. Hope to hear from you guys and hope to see you in the ladder

IceArrow

Smash Lord
Why are u using hidden power electric on Politoed when you have Rotom-W? They have the exact same move coverage right now. I would run Ice Beam because Donphan's Ice Shard isn't enough Dragon coverage.

Also 2 bug types is risky, I would suggest having a Rain abuser like Tornadus or Dragonite instead of Scizor. Maybe even Volcarona to destoy other weathers. Toxicroak is another great option since he has Dry Skin.

:phone:

mood4food77

Smash Hero
run choice band on scizor, he doesnt' get enough SE hits to use an expert belt, it's not starmie

ice beam on politoed is a must, like ice arrow stated

then replace heracross, he's simply not good enough this gen to handle the big dogs, dragonite gives you the best synergy on the team

IceArrow

Smash Lord
Dragonite @ Leftovers
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 76 Atk / 252 SpA / 180 Spe
Mild Nature (+SpA, -Def)
- Thunder
- Hurricane
- Superpower
- Roost

Ya, keep CB Scizor, Heracross is worse but I thought you wouldn't want to get rid of him.

:phone:

mood4food77

Smash Hero
why -Def? i'd just go -Speed, thunder does have a pretty high paralysis and nobody would want to switch into him

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
M4F do you not notice the Speed EVs.

It's meant to outpace ****

-Spe would counter that.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i guess that makes sense, i was just asking why lower the defense of a bulky pokemon

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Because Multiscale is so gay you could give it 0 IVs, use Close Combat six times, and still be bulky

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Wave DNite has access to the Mimic glitch.

It can CC.

Top Bottom