• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ottawa Smash 4: Wii U Thread.

PND

Smash Champion
BATTLE ROYALE 8

1. Boreal | Holy Nightmare
2. Boreal | Morks
3. Artryuu
4. CanadaMan
5. Sacked
5. ShinzouMatt
7. Steb
7. Tao Chan
9. Fogel
9. Knuckles
9. Orlando
9. TUTAN
13. BRodZ
13. Fog
13. Guard
13. Harold
17. Clark
17. DivineHaze
17. DJJeff
17. ETYNH
17. Pappy
17. Playside
17. Psykotic
17. Teekay
25. Akumako
25. AlphaRAM
25. BreaD
25. Dopey
25. Kevin vs Doorman
25. moment
25. Perhapsman
25. Spanky
33. Aura
33. Axe
33. Clayton
33. CocoPoofs
33. Duraham
33. Frank
33. GONQ|Hash
33. Jiggernaut
33. Jitter
33. KC
33. Michael Z
33. Moses
33. Nik!
33. Raiju
33. Will W
33. WTF
49. BDawg
49. BMatt
49. Cheif
49. Clem
49. Darkwolf
59. David N
59. Elias
59. FLOOD
59. Hampty
59. Jasowar
59. Judge
59. Ozzy
59. Stunulink
59. Sunsh
59. TDG
59. Tonia

What an amazing, amazing turnout. Thank you everyone for showing up or tuning it and making it such an outstanding success.

We had more Smash 4 entrants than every other event. Combined.

Wow.

TuttyTheFruity

Smash Rookie
NNID
yourkevina
3DS FC
4081-6671-6764
It me Tutan, I tied for 9th. You may remember me for my genuine WWII American navy hat and a small posse that accordingly deferred to me as their captain. I used Yoshi exclusively as he's my best character. I would've used Mii Fighter too had the rules been more liberal but **** was dragging on enough without me installing custom characters on every unit so can't complain.

Checking in to say hi. Decided to get around to finally making a Smash Boards account (the first one I tried to make a year or so ago had problems that were never resolved and I had a smaller online community to keep track of). I'd been going to Battle Royale for a few years now, primarily to play in the 24 hour Mario Marathon charity streams (we made our $500 goal this year BTW, woo!), but I always dabble in the Smash tourney being held concurrently to break up my time at BR a bit. This year indicated there's an honest-to-god scene in Ottawa so maybe I'll swing by events and try my luck. Dunno.

BR8 was fun. Cool people showed up. Can't complain too much about my performance, I lost to better players and eeked some close wins out. Was surprised I made it so far in the first place. Was shooting for prize money for the kids, but it was always an optimistic outlook. I got exposed in the sets I lost in so that's **** I'm gonna have to work on. Sorry about booking it early, soon as I was out I opted to head back to the charity stream (why they were in different buildings this year is beyond me) and I was in a bit of a rush lol. Exceptional work by the TOs, running a 63 player tourney is hella stressful.

This isn't an intro thread so I'll cut it off here. GGs, was fun. Still recuperating from staying up 24 hours.

Last edited:

PND

Smash Champion
I need to know the full adress to the venue so i can head there.
Hi, sorry I wasn't able to get to this in time on tourney night, I was neck deep in hosting at that point. The address for the big monthlies is the Robert Gillett Student Commons at Algonquin College. We can be found on the second floor above the Starbucks. (Access to coffee is the single greatest perk of the location. Well, greatest perk to me, at least. Coffee is like rocket-fuel for Tournament Organizers.)

Directions are here: http://algonquinsa.com/theatre/directions.aspx

The other weeklies are held at the apartment of the player Spanky. If you send me a PM here or on Facebook I can send you the address and directions.

Our Facebook group is here:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1564907980388757/

We hope to see you out sometime!

It me Tutan, I tied for 9th. You may remember me for my genuine WWII American navy hat and a small posse that accordingly deferred to me as their captain. I used Yoshi exclusively as he's my best character. I would've used Mii Fighter too had the rules been more liberal but **** was dragging on enough without me installing custom characters on every unit so can't complain.

Checking in to say hi. Decided to get around to finally making a Smash Boards account (the first one I tried to make a year or so ago had problems that were never resolved and I had a smaller online community to keep track of). I'd been going to Battle Royale for a few years now, primarily to play in the 24 hour Mario Marathon charity streams (we made our $500 goal this year BTW, woo!), but I always dabble in the Smash tourney being held concurrently to break up my time at BR a bit. This year indicated there's an honest-to-god scene in Ottawa so maybe I'll swing by events and try my luck. Dunno.

BR8 was fun. Cool people showed up. Can't complain too much about my performance, I lost to better players and eeked some close wins out. Was surprised I made it so far in the first place. Was shooting for prize money for the kids, but it was always an optimistic outlook. I got exposed in the sets I lost in so that's **** I'm gonna have to work on. Sorry about booking it early, soon as I was out I opted to head back to the charity stream (why they were in different buildings this year is beyond me) and I was in a bit of a rush lol. Exceptional work by the TOs, running a 63 player tourney is hella stressful.

This isn't an intro thread so I'll cut it off here. GGs, was fun. Still recuperating from staying up 24 hours.
It was great to meet you Tutan! Thanks for showing up. I'd say you did pretty well! Looking at the bracket, you managed to beat Fogel, a very accomplished player, and the two players you lost to came 3rd and 4th. Good showing! We hope to see you again some time.

Artryuu

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Artryuu
3DS FC
5086-2093-6692
You did great Captain. Just happened to have a little knowledge against the Yoshi matchup. Don't know which mii you use but yeah, I quite don't know that matchup, I remember I participated in an online tourney where miis were available and someone brought me a mii brawler, I had no idea how his attacks looked, how many frames his attacks had and such. All I was doing the first round was analyzing his moves and playing quite defensively... I barely managed to get the win. I think miis should be available, I have to know more that matchup and I'm also seeking to have a customs tournament after evo announced customs are part of the ruleset. I want to bring my obscured custom doctor xD.

TuttyTheFruity

Smash Rookie
NNID
yourkevina
3DS FC
4081-6671-6764
It was great to meet you Tutan! Thanks for showing up. I'd say you did pretty well! Looking at the bracket, you managed to beat Fogel, a very accomplished player, and the two players you lost to came 3rd and 4th. Good showing! We hope to see you again some time.
Thanks! Was fun to be there.

Yeah that was a weird Game 1, haha. Lots of keepaway and opportunism on both sides, no blood spilled until maybe 3 minutes in. He definitely had me on the percentage lead for a while (200% jeez, the tag added 2TONS I bet), I had a hunch it would go to timeout early on and I was straight afraid to approach he played the MU so well. Managed to get the first kill and hold a lead, never timed a guy out before.

Fogel is definitely a high tier Fox and hearing him talk he definitely knows his stuff. I don't have a good head for that stuff. Don't think he'd let me get away with another set in a rematch, I'd have to hit the books.
You did great Captain. Just happened to have a little knowledge against the Yoshi matchup. Don't know which mii you use but yeah, I quite don't know that matchup, I remember I participated in an online tourney where miis were available and someone brought me a mii brawler, I had no idea how his attacks looked, how many frames his attacks had and such. All I was doing the first round was analyzing his moves and playing quite defensively... I barely managed to get the win. I think miis should be available, I have to know more that matchup and I'm also seeking to have a customs tournament after evo announced customs are part of the ruleset. I want to bring my obscured custom doctor xD.
I don't get to play Shulk a lot, you did him justice though. I ran into basically everything lol. Was a pleasant surprise, I'm not a super gracious loser by any extent but you clearly know your stuff and got the reads, can't complain about being outplayed. GGsss

Brawler is the only one I bring to competitive sets (MAYBE Gunner as well if I'm feeling quirky), but I dabble with all three casually. Easily my favourite newcomers (they have to be, I grinded a ****ing week for my hat of choice aughhh), now I can play as dumb roleplay characters. Also helps that Brawler is incredibly fun to play and the tiniest variant could be a contender for Top 5 character if people actually tried them out. Gunner is also p solid high-mid! Swordfighter is actually the worst in the game and a slog to play as without the gimmick of being Ganondorf, but they have the nicest outfits so that's nice.

Mii Fighter legality is so far a point of debate. It has less to do with custom moves, though; customs at large are an issue because of logistics (only insane people try to unlock all the custom moves, all stations having all custom moves was never gonna happen at large venues) and how much time is added to a set by accommodating for custom movesets (I should've brought my Wii U, it had all custom moves unlocked lol). I can always show and tell you my loadout if you ask for it so there aren't any surprises.

Mii Fighters also have the issue that their attributes are modified by their weights and heights and THAT is much harder to check for. I think there are only three outcomes for each of the two scales (skinny/average/bigboned and tiny/average/tall, respectively), but I'd have to experiment a bit more, and the attributes of the Mii Fighter should be transparent. At the least, some attributes can be figured out from looking at them; you can tell which ones are tall, which ones are fat, and so on. They don't affect that much in terms of what they're capable of.

All that said the different height/weight classes mean very little outside of mobility. Only a 1% difference in damage for the biggest fighters, knockback is consistent across all characters except for a boost in large/fat ones; mobility and reach are the big things to worry about. A button check just to get a read on their attributes is usually a good idea.

Anyway, this one had partial legality but not what I was looking for. Default A is larger than my preferred tiny Mii and I lose a lot of mobility in the process which is a nasty hit to take. 2222 would've been the best loadout for mobility and recovery options, but the loss of Shotput and Onslaught wouldn't be very good either. Basically Brawler has to be a combo-happy killer bee and the partial legality took away its wings and its stinger. But there are bigger fish to fry at a 63 player tourney. Not very sensible to push the issue cuz I knew if they were fully legal that'd add a good deal of time in any set I wanted to pull out Mii Brawler. Yoshi did good work anyway.

Last edited:

Ilandria

Smash Rookie
NNID
Ilandria
3DS FC
5257-9434-0411
We're super excited to have you back! It's been too long. Still repping Robin?
Of course! I shall become a master tactician who's name will be known across the land... maybe <_< Lol

Are the events still at the same address @ 6pm or has it changed in the month and a half of my absence?

ARBITER WARPIG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ARBITERWARPIG
Hi, sorry I wasn't able to get to this in time on tourney night, I was neck deep in hosting at that point. The address for the big monthlies is the Robert Gillett Student Commons at Algonquin College. We can be found on the second floor above the Starbucks. (Access to coffee is the single greatest perk of the location. Well, greatest perk to me, at least. Coffee is like rocket-fuel for Tournament Organizers.)

Directions are here: http://algonquinsa.com/theatre/directions.aspx

The other weeklies are held at the apartment of the player Spanky. If you send me a PM here or on Facebook I can send you the address and directions.

Our Facebook group is here:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1564907980388757/

We hope to see you out sometime!

Also one more thing, do you guys have GC adapters there?

Michael Zvaniga

Smash Rookie
NNID
Mswanee
Hey, went to BR8 and I live approx an hour away so can't make all tourneys but may be a ble to make the monthly ones at AC. And I seriously need to find a main because my mains in SM4SH have been changing constantly.

PND

Smash Champion
Saturday Night Smash 5 Results!

Singles:
1: Kira
2: Divine Haze
3: Knuckles
4: Spanky
5: BreaD
5: Remi
7: Clark
7: Lando
9: Nimious
9: PND
9: Harold
9: Stunulink
13: Jiggernaut
13: Fogel
13: CocoPoofs
13: Raiju
17: Sunflowerboy81
17: Sacked
17: AlphaRam
17: RC80
17: Akumaku
17: CJ
17: Fog
17: Shizbly
25: Gingerbread Man
25: XDCE
25: Ilandria
25: TRI
25: Salty
25: MAZ
25: Everett
25: Platy!
33: Ozzy

Doubles:

1: Patch the Gear (Artryuu & Tao Chan)
2: No, Suicides! (Knuckles & Haze)
3: SPNDKY (Spanky & PND)
4: Never gonna give you up (Fogel & Lando)
5: Light and Dark (Kira & Stunulink)
5: SunflowerBoys82 (Jiggernaut & Sunflowerboy81)
7: Harold & Raiju (Raiju & Harold)
7: Over 9000 (XDCE & RC80)
9: Pi (Poofs & Fog)
9: Project Flash (MAZ & Ozzy)
9: Lion Galaxy (Remi & Alpharam)
9: Group Team Awesome (Sacked & Platy!)
13: CannabisCorpse (HVAC & Death)
13: Dukes of Ridicule (Tri & Salty)

Michael Zvaniga

Smash Rookie
NNID
Mswanee
Saturday Night Smash 5 Results!

Singles:
1: Kira
2: Divine Haze
3: Knuckles
4: Spanky
5: BreaD
5: Remi
7: Clark
7: Lando
9: Nimious
9: PND
9: Harold
9: Stunulink
13: Jiggernaut
13: Fogel
13: CocoPoofs
13: Raiju
17: Sunflowerboy81
17: Sacked
17: AlphaRam
17: RC80
17: Akumaku
17: Shizbly
25: Gingerbread Man
25: XDCE
25: Ilandria
25: TRI
25: Salty
25: MAZ
25: Everett
25: Platy!
33: Ozzy
Doubles:
1: Patch the Gear (Artryuu & Tao Chan)
2: No, Suicides! (Knuckles & Haze)
3: SPNDKY (Spanky & PND)
4: Never gonna give you up (Fogel & Lando)
5: Light and Dark (Kira & Stunulink)
5: SunflowerBoys82 (Jiggernaut & Sunflowerboy81)
7: Harold & Raiju (Raiju & Harold)
7: Over 9000 (XDCE & RC80)
9: Pi (Poofs & Fog)
9: Project Flash (MAZ & Ozzy)
9: Lion Galaxy (Remi & Alpharam)
9: Group Team Awesome (Sacked & Platy!)
13: CannabisCorpse (HVAC & Death)
13: Dukes of Ridicule (Tri & Salty)
How did GBM do better than Ozzy when they both got out at the same time?

The_Jiggernaut

Smash Ace
It has to do with bracket size and luck, basically. You can only make clean bracket sizes with 32 or 64 with a group size similar to what we had, and we unfortunately had 33 people. So we had to use the 64 size so by technicality, everyone in the tournament got a free pass round while Ozzy didn't by pure chance. It's all complicated math-y stuff, but I hope that answers your question

Michael Zvaniga

Smash Rookie
NNID
Mswanee
It has to do with bracket size and luck, basically. You can only make clean bracket sizes with 32 or 64 with a group size similar to what we had, and we unfortunately had 33 people. So we had to use the 64 size so by technicality, everyone in the tournament got a free pass round while Ozzy didn't by pure chance. It's all complicated math-y stuff, but I hope that answers your question
Sorry, but it didn't make that much scences but a PSA to everyone who has Google+, I found a Ottawa Smash community but it is really empty so I want to see it boom a little but than again, I'm probably the only one here who has Google+.

The_Jiggernaut

Smash Ace
Sorry, but it didn't make that much scences but a PSA to everyone who has Google+, I found a Ottawa Smash community but it is really empty so I want to see it boom a little but than again, I'm probably the only one here who has Google+.

That's fine. Just know that he shouldn't take the "lower" placing seriously because it doesn't mean anything.

I don't have Google+, sorry. Since you do though, why not post the facebook group link in that group and direct them over here?

PND

Smash Champion
Basically, for fairness purposes, the bracket can either be 32 entrant slots or 64 entrant slots. (Or 16, or 128, and so forth)

Because we had 33 people, we needed a 64 slot bracket to fit everybody in. There were 31 "byes" to fill out the other entry slots so all 64 slots were filled. That means that everyone in the tournament had a "free win" for their first round, except for two players. Ozzy happened to be one of those two players (based on random luck.) Though Ozzy and GBM had the same record, GBM had that "free win" assigned to him as well, which is why he is technically a higher placing. However, in all honesty, with a bracket with that many free passes you can basically consider Ozzy tied at 29th for all intents and purposes, the metaphorical dice just didn't roll in his favour this time.

Hopefully that makes sense.

Last edited:

Michael Zvaniga

Smash Rookie
NNID
Mswanee
Basically, for fairness purposes, the bracket can either be 32 entrant slots or 64 entrant slots. (Or 16, or 128, and so forth)

Because we had 33 people, we needed a 64 slot bracket to fit everybody in. There were 31 "byes" to fill out the other entry slots so all 64 slots were filled. That means that everyone in the tournament had a "free win" for their first round, except for two players. Ozzy happened to be one of those two players (based on random luck.) Though Ozzy and GBM had the same record, GBM had that "free win" assigned to him as well, which is why he is technically a higher placing. However, in all honesty, with a bracket with that many free passes you can basically consider Ozzy tied at 29th for all intents and purposes, the metaphorical dice just didn't roll in his favour this time.

Hopefully that makes sense.
Either way, I'm running out of friends since every tourney I've gone to I've eliminated a friend...

Michael Zvaniga

Smash Rookie
NNID
Mswanee
That's fine. Just know that he shouldn't take the "lower" placing seriously because it doesn't mean anything.

I don't have Google+, sorry. Since you do though, why not post the facebook group link in that group and direct them over here?
Sorry, but I don't have a Facebook account due to personal reasons (I.e. divorced family) so I can't really do that, sorry

PND

Smash Champion
Next tournament is this Saturday! Doubles starts at 5, singles at 7. $5 entry for singles, $5 per team member for doubles.

FrenchToast15

Smash Rookie
Been working on my game and i cant wait to jump back into the fray, haven't tried to get into the community since 2011 so it will be a nice fresh start. Not sure when i will be able to show but i know i will go one of these days. lol

PND

Smash Champion
Results from Saturday Night Smash 7: Super Turbo Good Friday Edition

Singles:
1: BRodz (Villager)
2: Divine Haze (Diddy Kong)
3: Knuckles (Mario)
4: Orlando (Villager)
5: Fogel (Fox)
5: TRI (Link / Various)
7: Harold (Robin)
7: Nugget (Little Mac)
9: PND (Jigglypuff / Diddy Kong)
9: Fog
9: Jiggernaut (Jigglypuff / Duck Hunt)
9: Spanky (Yoshi / Mario / Falcon)
13: Clark (Fox)
13: Stunulink (Link)
13: Nimious (Link)
13: Shizbly
17: Johan (Sonic)
17: Raiju (Ness)
17: Contra (Marth / Little Mac / Luigi)
17: AlphaRam (Captain Falcon)

Doubles:
1: Katy Perry (Knuckles & Haze)
2: TRIJU (Tri & Raiju)
3: Never Gonna Give You Up (Fogel & Orlando)
4: Salesmen of Poor Imagination (Spanky & Johan)
5: Harold & Andrew (Jiggernaut & Harold)
5: Dude, Where's my Lloid? (Brodz & Stunulink)
7: Team Illuminati (PND & Contra)
7: Earth, Wind, & Fire (Fog & AlphaRam)

And congrats to our Amiibo champ Clark for taking down Raiju for the Sonic amiibo.

---

Curious about what we're up to in April? This coming Saturday, we're going to have a Custom Moves event. It will be a free to enter tournament with a TBD prize for the top player. I'll be loading the sets from Amazing Ampharos' Custom Moves Project onto our setups. There will be 2 free slots left over for every character on the roster, if you use a build that isn't featured on the list, please let me know. Oh, and bring some Amiibos for some amiibo battles. If there is time, we'll run an amiibo battle side event.

On April 17th, Friday night, we'll be hosting Algonquin's Smash monthly -- from the Campus bar. It's a 19+ Event and there will be a $5 venue charge.

The weekend after is my Stag and Doe party for the wedding. Riley Haze Sherman has more details on the shenanigans we'll be getting up to, I heard talk of a Smash tourney being part of it. The same weekend will also feature a tourney up in Hawkesbury with Clark, Shizbly, and more. Let's see if we can get some carpools arranged to go and show these guys some support (and take their money).

After that, well, I'm going to be stepping back from my role as TO for a while. The wedding is coming up alarmingly fast and I need to focus on getting things ready for that. I will be leaving you guys and gals in the capable hands of Andrew Capuano (Jiggernaut) and Bryant Smith (Knuckles). These guys will be running the events for the month of May.

I hopefully should be back by June -- and I have some big plans for the scene. I've talked about the concept of Smash Course before, but there are some other plans underway that I can't announce yet. I will be periodically running polls to gather info from the scene that will be used for future events. I'm super excited for the future of our scene, and I hope you smashers will be there to support us as we grow and host larger and better events.

Michael Zvaniga

Smash Rookie
NNID
Mswanee
Results from Saturday Night Smash 7: Super Turbo Good Friday Edition

Singles:
1: BRodz (Villager)
2: Divine Haze (Diddy Kong)
3: Knuckles (Mario)
4: Orlando (Villager)
5: Fogel (Fox)
5: TRI (Link / Various)
7: Nugget (Little Mac)
9: PND (Jigglypuff / Diddy Kong)
9: Fog
9: Jiggernaut (Jigglypuff / Duck Hunt)
9: Spanky (Yoshi / Mario / Falcon)
13: Stunulink (Link)
13: Nimious (Link)
13: Shizbly
17: Johan (Sonic)
17: Raiju (Ness)
17: Contra (Marth / Little Mac / Luigi)

Doubles:
1: Katy Perry (Knuckles & Haze)
2: TRIJU (Tri & Raiju)
3: Never Gonna Give You Up (Fogel & Orlando)
4: Salesmen of Poor Imagination (Spanky & Johan)
5: Harold & Andrew (Jiggernaut & Harold)
5: Dude, Where's my Lloid? (Brodz & Stunulink)
7: Team Illuminati (PND & Contra)
7: Earth, Wind, & Fire (Fog & AlphaRam)

And congrats to our Amiibo champ Clark for taking down Raiju for the Sonic amiibo.

---

Curious about what we're up to in April? This coming Saturday, we're going to have a Custom Moves event. It will be a free to enter tournament with a TBD prize for the top player. I'll be loading the sets from Amazing Ampharos' Custom Moves Project onto our setups. There will be 2 free slots left over for every character on the roster, if you use a build that isn't featured on the list, please let me know. Oh, and bring some Amiibos for some amiibo battles. If there is time, we'll run an amiibo battle side event.

On April 17th, Friday night, we'll be hosting Algonquin's Smash monthly -- from the Campus bar. It's a 19+ Event and there will be a $5 venue charge.

The weekend after is my Stag and Doe party for the wedding. Riley Haze Sherman has more details on the shenanigans we'll be getting up to, I heard talk of a Smash tourney being part of it. The same weekend will also feature a tourney up in Hawkesbury with Clark, Shizbly, and more. Let's see if we can get some carpools arranged to go and show these guys some support (and take their money).

After that, well, I'm going to be stepping back from my role as TO for a while. The wedding is coming up alarmingly fast and I need to focus on getting things ready for that. I will be leaving you guys and gals in the capable hands of Andrew Capuano (Jiggernaut) and Bryant Smith (Knuckles). These guys will be running the events for the month of May.

I hopefully should be back by June -- and I have some big plans for the scene. I've talked about the concept of Smash Course before, but there are some other plans underway that I can't announce yet. I will be periodically running polls to gather info from the scene that will be used for future events. I'm super excited for the future of our scene, and I hope you smashers will be there to support us as we grow and host larger and better events.
The amiibo battles are the same as we did last time? In which there are round robins for an amiibo. And what is the address and costs for this weekend?

PND

Smash Champion
Amiibo battles when you bring your own amiibo, and battle them against other amiibos. All equipment / stat boosts / etc are legal.

This weekend is completely free. The custom moves winner will get a prize.

--

In other news, there has been an amazing offer for the scene to host out of a way more legitimate, spacious, and awesome venue. To all our Smashboard players, do Monday nights work for you? I can't confirm too much before it's official, but I'd like to get a sense of the level of support.

PND

Smash Champion
Good morning Smashers! I am super excited to announce that 613 Smash will be partnering with Funhaven Family Fun Centre to bring you weekly, Monday Night Smash 4 Tournaments!

http://www.funhaven.com/

Funhaven is located at 1050 Baxter Rd.

This venue has it all, ample room, a restaurant and bar, a frozen yogurt bar, arcade machines, bumper cars, rock climbing, laser tag and more. It also has a ton of room for growing our scene, both in promotional opportunities and physical space. We no longer need to bring monitors for our setup, we only need to supply Wii Us, GC Adapters and copies of Smash.

Tournaments will be $5 entry fee with a $5 venue fee. As we sort out logistics, we'll only be running singles for now. Now, that $5 venue fee I mentioned? Here's the best part: When you pay the $5 venue fee, you get $5 to spend at Funhaven! You can spend it on arcade games, food, beer, or even just bank it until next time. You can pay for more than $5 if you'd like, whatever you pay in venue fee goes right back to you as Funhaven cash -- and makes us look awesome and get better and better perks. When you arrive, go to the groups and parties desk and tell them you're here for 613 Smash.

If you plan on coming out regularly, I'd recommend looking into a Funhaven membership. They cost $99, or roughly $8 a month, and get you 20% off food and drinks and free access to rock climbing and a bunch of other attractions. If you plan on buying a combo meal each week, the savings will pretty much pay for your membership and give you extra perks. If you do purchase a membership, please let me know so I can use that information to help us negotiate bigger events.

http://www.funhaven.com/public/groups/Funhaven_Membership.cfm

We are starting hosting this coming Monday! Please come out and show your support. We're still on a trial basis, if we can pull in a good crowd for the next couple weeks they'll consider letting us host there on a permanent basis, and potentially other nights of the week as well.

We'll start setup at 5pm on Monday. We'll start brackets around 6pm.

I'm super excited for this opportunity, let's show them we're the best video gaming community around!

Last edited:

Michael Zvaniga

Smash Rookie
NNID
Mswanee
Good morning Smashers! I am super excited to announce that 613 Smash will be partnering with Funhaven Family Fun Centre to bring you weekly, Monday Night Smash 4 Tournaments!

http://www.funhaven.com/

Funhaven is located at 1050 Baxter Rd.

This venue has it all, ample room, a restaurant and bar, a frozen yogurt bar, arcade machines, bumper cars, rock climbing, laser tag and more. It also has a ton of room for growing our scene, both in promotional opportunities and physical space. We no longer need to bring monitors for our setup, we only need to supply Wii Us, GC Adapters and copies of Smash.

Tournaments will be $5 entry fee with a $5 venue fee. As we sort out logistics, we'll only be running singles for now. Now, that $5 venue fee I mentioned? Here's the best part: When you pay the $5 venue fee, you get $5 to spend at Funhaven! You can spend it on arcade games, food, beer, or even just bank it until next time. You can pay for more than $5 if you'd like, whatever you pay in venue fee goes right back to you as Funhaven cash -- and makes us look awesome and get better and better perks. When you arrive, go to the groups and parties desk and tell them you're here for 613 Smash.

If you plan on coming out regularly, I'd recommend looking into a Funhaven membership. They cost $99, or roughly $8 a month, and get you 20% off food and drinks and free access to rock climbing and a bunch of other attractions. If you plan on buying a combo meal each week, the savings will pretty much pay for your membership and give you extra perks. If you do purchase a membership, please let me know so I can use that information to help us negotiate bigger events.

http://www.funhaven.com/public/groups/Funhaven_Membership.cfm

We are starting hosting this coming Monday! Please come out and show your support. We're still on a trial basis, if we can pull in a good crowd for the next couple weeks they'll consider letting us host there on a permanent basis, and potentially other nights of the week as well.

We'll start setup at 5pm on Monday. We'll start brackets around 6pm.

I'm super excited for this opportunity, let's show them we're the best video gaming community around!
Is this going to cancel Saturday nights and where is the tourney for this Saturday?

PND

Smash Champion
Saturdays will still be held, but with more of a fun-event and training focus. Saturday events are held at the same apartment as last time.

PND

Smash Champion
Results from the custom moves tournament:
1: Clark
2: Fogel
3: Haze
4: BreaD
5: Stunulink
5: AlphaRam
7: CocoPoofs
7: Raiju
9: Killian
9: MAZ
9: Nugget
9: Bmillz
13: Ozzy
13: Spanky
13: Mig
13: PND
17: C-Hauk
17: JayBrown
17: Akumako
17: Contra
17: Knuckles
25: Newt

Amiibo battle results:
1: MAZ
2: Ozzy
3: Spanky
4: CocoPoofs
5: Raiju
5: PND
7: Stunulink
7: Fog

Congrats to MAZ for the epic amiibo victory. Thanks for coming out and making it such a fun time, I love playing in the fun weeks and actually being part of the scene and hanging out with y'all.

PND

Smash Champion
I want to hold off until after EVO and see how the scene responds. It's possible we might do alternating customs on, customs off tournaments until we see how the metagame shapes up.

PND

Smash Champion
Thank you to everybody who came out last night! Funhaven is an awesome venue, I'm glad I was finally able to share it with you. Without further adieu, the results!

1: Artryuu (Shulk)
2: Spanky (Mario / Falcon)
3: Fogel (Fox)
4: Fog (Sheik)
5: BRodz (Villager)
5: Stunulink (Link)
7: Tao Chan (Megaman / Pit)
9: Mr. Humble (Peach)
9: Sacked (Luigi)
9: Platy! (Ness)
9: BreaD (ZSS)
13: CocoPoofs (Pikachu / Sheik)
13: Jiggernaut (Jigglypuff / Duck Hunt)
13: Raiju (Ness)
17: Mig (Falco)
17: Mortsy
17: Jekernot (Villager)
17: JayBrown
17: Remi
17: Jason N
25: TDG
25: Skrub
25: Contra (Luigi)
25: Raizin

Fill in characters I missed and give shoutouts here. We'll be back to Funhaven next Monday!

Bloodprime

Smash Rookie
Hey, glad to see the Smash scene in Ottawa is alive! I'm interested in signing up for tomorrow's tourney, but I don't use FB. Could I get a seat?

Thanks!

PND

Smash Champion
Hi Michael. Sorry I didn't respond sooner, this has been a jam packed weekend of smash. We're still hosting events every Saturday, but we're also hosting out of Fun haven every Monday night. For when our next amiibo tournament will be, you'll have to check with Jiggernaut. He's running the Saturday events for the next month while I focus on wedding preparations and some exciting behind the scenes stuff.

I'm not sure if Ozzy mentioned, but we're also starting a monthly smash league. Free to enter, matches can be online or in person. If you're interested in signing up, let me know.

After the wedding we have some huge things planned. Stay tuned!

The_Jiggernaut

Smash Ace
We'll likely have an Amiibo side tournament when we do our next custom tournament. I still have to work out when that will be though, my apologies.

Last edited:
Top Bottom