• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Other VAs?

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
So far we've only seen American and Japanese trailers for Wii Fit Trainer, with the America Voice Actor being on all the different language websites (barr JPN) do you think this is a sign that the other voice actors won't be called back for Sm4sh?

Nintendo have been increasingly lazy with their European translations recently (New Leaf is the best example; too lazy to even change Lady Bug to Labybird, and a plethora of other mistakes I could write an essay on), so I wouldn't be surprised if they just don't care about putting the EU VA in, which I'd find highly insulting.

I'm hoping they do put other VAs in for the other regional releases, but I'm worried they just don't care enough about the other markets to bother doing so... what does everyone else think?

Last edited:

greenluigiman2

Smash Ace
The voice acting in Smash hasn't really been up to par.

Bowser and Donkey Kong still haven't gotten their real voices, at least in Brawl they didn't. Marth has had many games released outside of Japan now so he should have an English VA. I don't think voice acting is taken seriously in Smash.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Nintendo have been increasingly lazy with their European translations recently (New Leaf is the best example; too lazy to even change Lady Bug to Labybird, and a plethora of other mistakes I could write an essay on), so I wouldn't be surprised if they just don't care about putting the EU VA in, which I'd find highly insulting.

I'm hoping they do put other VAs in for the other regional releases, but I'm worried they just don't care enough about the other markets to bother doing so... what does everyone else think?

Recently? Nintendo of Europe has been lazy in terms of changing US English words to UK English for many years, although they did improve a little with some of their games, kinda surprised they went back to that old habit again recently if what you're saying is true.

But I do understand where you are coming from, if they are not going to bother to change a few words and voice actors to how they are meant to be in the UK English language then they might as well release the game to the UK simultaneously with the US version instead of making us wait for months only to give us whats essentially the US version that US players got to enjoy months beforehand.

So yeah, I also hope that whatever character has a UK voice in the UK version of certain game franchises actually gets that voice in the UK version of smash bros as well... The same thing goes for other voice actors for the languages too.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
The voice acting in Smash hasn't really been up to par.

Bowser and Donkey Kong still haven't gotten their real voices, at least in Brawl they didn't. Marth has had many games released outside of Japan now so he should have an English VA. I don't think voice acting is taken seriously in Smash.
I mean the announcer of each game voices the hands and all... which means Master Hand has had 3 different voices.

I don't know. Maybe they'll make an increased effort with their voices this time around, at least by the time the game comes out.

BBG|Scott-Spain

Smash Journeyman
Does everyone know they've been recycling voices since 64? That's why none of the older characters say anything new. I'm assuming they are sticking with this trend.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
So far we've only seen American and Japanese trailers for Wii Fit Trainer, with the America Voice Actor being on all the different language websites (barr JPN) do you think this is a sign that the other voice actors won't be called back for Sm4sh?

New Leaf has mountains of text- look how late we got it compared to Japan. It really isn't easy work like many people believe so I bet it wasn't fully re-translated for financial reasons and also because it had already been out in other regions for so long.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Recently? Nintendo of Europe has been lazy in terms of changing US English words to UK English for many years, although they did improve a little with some of their games, kinda surprised they went back to that old habit again recently if what you're saying is true.

But I do understand where you are coming from, if they are not going to bother to change a few words and voice actors to how they are meant to be in the UK English language then they might as well release the game to the UK simultaneously with the US version instead of making us wait for months only to give us whats essentially the US version that US players got to enjoy months beforehand.

So yeah, I also hope that whatever character has a UK voice in the UK version of certain game franchises actually gets that voice in the UK version of smash bros as well... The same thing goes for other voice actors for the languages too.
It's very rare for stuff with US English voice acting to be changed to UK English (and vice versa) as far as I've noticed.

Take Kid Icarus: Uprising and Fire Emblem: Awakening, for example. They only have Japanese and US English voice track (which is switchable in FE:A but region locked in KIU).

Same thing with Brawl, except the Pokémon characters and the narrator that are voiced in European languages.

Top Bottom