• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Other mega moves?

Red Shirt KRT

Smash Ace
NNID
1-337-PWN-CALL
3DS FC
0044-2813-9398
So I was thinking of how awesome it would be (yet 100% not going to happen) if there was another mega man as a character. He would be exactly the same except have a different move set (other than pellets)

What moves would you like to see?

I thought for his grab having him have the vacuum buster arm from mega man 64 that he used to pick up shards would be cool. It would be a little slower startup but have range.

digiholic

Smash Ace
NNID
digiholic
Proto Man.

He could have all moves from MM9 and MM10. The idea is to have the normal moves function fairly similarly, but have different properties (such as launch direction or startup) while having fairly unique specials.

Netural-B: Wheel Cutter
A blade that drops straight down and travels along the floor damaging enemies.

Side-B: Thunder Wool
Proto Man fires three blades forward. The blades travel forward and upward when grounded, forward and downward while airborne.

Down-B: Thunder Wool
Fires a cloud that floats upward (similar to Danger Wrap). After a delay, fires a bolt of lightning downward.

Up-B: Tornado Blow
A Tornado comes up from the floor/bottom of the screen and carries Proto Man upward. Enemies can be caught and carried up as well. (Functions like a self-inflicted Air Shooter)

Dtilt: Shield Bash
Dashes forward (like slide), but does little damage or knockback. Low shieldstun, high endlag. Blocks projectiles during dash.

DSmash: Concrete Shot
Slams the ground with concrete block fists. Faster startup, but no lingering hitbox. Launches sideways.

USmash: Blackhole Bomb
Blackhole bomb above Proto Man. Has a pulling windbox during charge, but greatly reduced knockback compared to Spark Shock.

Fair: Laser Trident
Slices in front with Laser Trident. Very short reach, but less landing lag.

Bair: Hornet Chaser
Stabs backwards with a hornet. One hit, less % damage but similar knockback to Slash Claw.

Uair: Plug Ball
Fires a plug ball into the air. On hit, functions like ZSS's paralyzer before knocking them upward. Low damage and knockback.

Dair: Commando Bomb
Fires a commando bomb straight downwards. Doesn't spike. On hit with character, explodes (like crash bomb). On hit with terrain, sends hitboxes a short distance outward from point of impact.

The end result would be a character who has good horizontal kills with a faster Dsmash and a bair that would be more consistent against smaller characters, but gives up a lot of the zoning that comes with Metal Blade's directionality as well as Mega Man's early vertical KO potential. With less lag overall and less reliable projectiles, Proto Man would be an up-close focused Mega Man pseudo-clone. Tying in with his fragility in MM9 and MM10, Proto Man would be much, much lighter than Mega Man.

Last edited:

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
I would've loved to see this.
Side-B: Triple Blade
Proto Man fires three blades forward. The blades travel forward and upward when grounded, forward and downward while airborne.
I like this idea. It would be very hard for someone to approach without being smacked by one of the blades.
Fires a cloud that floats upward (similar to Danger Wrap). After a delay, fires a bolt of lightning downward.
Doesn't this seem more like a Side B rather than a Down B? I had Down B pegged as a shield-type special weapon.
A Tornado comes up from the floor/bottom of the screen and carries Proto Man upward. Enemies can be caught and carried up as well. (Functions like a self-inflicted Air Shooter)
Would probably allow more mobility than :4megaman:'s Tornado Hold.
Dashes forward (like slide), but does little damage or knockback. Low shieldstun, high endlag. Blocks projectiles during dash.
Much like :4palutena:'s Dash Attack.
Slams the ground with concrete block fists. Faster startup, but no lingering hitbox. Launches sideways.
Would the concrete scatter a little after contact? I'm imagining that right now.
Blackhole bomb above Proto Man. Has a pulling windbox during charge, but greatly reduced knockback compared to Spark Shock.

Stabs backwards with a hornet. One hit, less % damage but similar knockback to Slash Claw.
Hmm. Never would've thought of using these close up like that. I like it.
Fires a plug ball into the air. On hit, functions like ZSS's paralyzer before knocking them upward. Low damage and knockback.
Plug Ball goes straight down, though.
Fires a commando bomb straight downwards. Doesn't spike. On hit with character, explodes (like crash bomb). On hit with terrain, sends hitboxes a short distance outward from point of impact.
I would spam the living crap out of this.

mega4000

Smash Journeyman
Proto Man.

He could have all moves from MM9 and MM10. The idea is to have the normal moves function fairly similarly, but have different properties (such as launch direction or startup) while having fairly unique specials.

Side-B: Thunder Wool

The end result would be a character who has good horizontal kills with a faster Dsmash and a bair that would be more consistent against smaller characters, but gives up a lot of the zoning that comes with Metal Blade's directionality as well as Mega Man's early vertical KO potential. With less lag overall and less reliable projectiles, Proto Man would be an up-close focused Mega Man pseudo-clone. Tying in with his fragility in MM9 and MM10, Proto Man would be much, much lighter than Mega Man.
remember that Tango likes protoman way more than Mega Man. You should add the cat to protoman's moveset.

digiholic

Smash Ace
NNID
digiholic
Doesn't this seem more like a Side B rather than a Down B? I had Down B pegged as a shield-type special weapon.
Honestly, I couldn't think of a way to do a shield that hadn't already been done.

Plug Ball goes straight down, though.
I already had a tornado in the set, and the wheel cutter already behaves like how plug ball actually does, so I just sort of stuck it in there. I mean, Hard Knuckle doesn't shoot down in the games, and Air Shooter goes in an arc, so why not have Plug Ball act differently?

remember that Tango likes protoman way more than Mega Man. You should add the cat to protoman's moveset.
I don't even know where I could fit in Tango. He just kinda... bounces around. He'd fit better as an Assist Trophy than an attack.

Last edited:

mega4000

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, I couldn't think of a way to do a shield that hadn't already been done.

I already had a tornado in the set, and the wheel cutter already behaves like how plug ball actually does, so I just sort of stuck it in there. I mean, Hard Knuckle doesn't shoot down in the games, and Air Shooter goes in an arc, so why not have Plug Ball act differently?

I don't even know where I could fit in Tango. He just kinda... bounces around. He'd fit better as an Assist Trophy than an attack.
the cat could stun the enemy while boucing around. Seriously after being a Mega Man fan from so many years, for me it's really weird to see protoman without tango as part of his moves. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFx-uRjiwRM Here you have moves for him and even taunts, and here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbEwGrsZf-g
Protoman would be so epic!

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
You got that Jewel Satellite that's just sitting there looking pretty. Or the Water Shield.

I can't say much about Hard Knuckle(though I can sorta imagine it doing that) since they changed the properties of some other special weapons, but at least the Air Shooter makes some sense. It may shoot off in an arc but it continually rises. I believe "rise" is the keyword here, as it made for easy transition to :4megaman:'s Uair. Now if the developers are taking creative liberties with some special weapons but leaving others intact, then how about this: Proto Man's Uair could be the Magma Bazooka. It would be a short-range salvo of 3 fireballs directly above him, with one shooting directly above and the other two diagonally left and right. Since you specified Proto Man being close range-focused, the fireballs would have less vertical range than the Air Shooter but more horizontal range. Of course, it would be most powerful at point blank range.

That's my idea, anyway.

Red Shirt KRT

Smash Ace
NNID
1-337-PWN-CALL
3DS FC
0044-2813-9398
I think bubble mans bubbles could have been a cool move. Have them be a neutral B move and have them bounce along the ground. When they burst have them send the opponent in a trajectory depending on which part of the bubble they hit.

digiholic

Smash Ace
NNID
digiholic
You got that Jewel Satellite that's just sitting there looking pretty. Or the Water Shield.
Yeah, but I can't think of what they would do in-game that would be different enough.

Proto Man's Uair could be the Magma Bazooka. It would be a short-range salvo of 3 fireballs directly above him, with one shooting directly above and the other two diagonally left and right. Since you specified Proto Man being close range-focused, the fireballs would have less vertical range than the Air Shooter but more horizontal range. Of course, it would be most powerful at point blank range.
I actually like that better than mine, let's go with that.

CopShowGuy

Smash Ace
NNID
CopShowGuy
3DS FC
0430-8285-4172
Jewel Satellite in the source game works just like Skull Barrier does in Smash 4 :/

CopShowGuy

Smash Ace
NNID
CopShowGuy
3DS FC
0430-8285-4172
That's what I'm saying! Why didn't they use Jewel instead of Skull? I guess there would have been nothing else from MM4 without it.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
That's what I'm saying! Why didn't they use Jewel instead of Skull? I guess there would have been nothing else from MM4 without it.
Did they really NEED to use something from MM 4? I'm sure they could've used something a bit more recent.

CopShowGuy

Smash Ace
NNID
CopShowGuy
3DS FC
0430-8285-4172
MM1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9 all have weapons in Mega Man's standard or custom moveset somewhere. 10 is the only one that's missing.

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
Weapons I would have loved:
  • Needle Cannon
  • Rolling Cutter
  • Dive Missile
  • Search Snake
  • Quick Boomerang
And if I could pick a different Megaman for Smash other than the Classic version, I'd love to see X appear. Don't really care as much for the other Mega Men, though probably because I haven't played their games.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Weapons I would have loved:
  • Needle Cannon
  • Rolling Cutter
  • Dive Missile
  • Search Snake
  • Quick Boomerang
I'm a big fan of some of the more recent special weapons in :4megaman:'s adventures, like the weapons from MM 8 - 10.

Such weapons include:
  • Flash Bomb
  • Jewel Satellite
  • Laser Trident(my all-time favorite special weapon for classic Mega Man)
  • Magma Bazooka
  • Hornet Chaser
  • Plug Ball
  • Water Shield
  • Chill Spike
  • Triple Blade
  • Wheel Cutter
I know the earlier weapons take priority, but it would've been sweet to see some of these.

And if I could pick a different Megaman for Smash other than the Classic version, I'd love to see X appear. Don't really care as much for the other Mega Men, though probably because I haven't played their games.
What kind of special weapons do you think X would have?

Last edited:

digiholic

Smash Ace
NNID
digiholic
MM1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9 all have weapons in Mega Man's standard or custom moveset somewhere. 10 is the only one that's missing.
Actually, there's nothing from 5 either. Beat was technically introduced in 5, but in that game, he attacked. It wasn't until later that his pit rescue effect was added.

Here's what moves were pulled from which games:
MM1: Hyper Bomb, Super Arm, Ice Slasher, Arm Cannon Buster
MM2: Metal Blade, Air Shooter, Crash Bomb, Leaf Shield
MM3: Hard Knuckle, Top Spin, Shadow Blade, Spark Shock, Rush Coil, Slide
MM4: Skull Barrier, Charge Shot
MM5: --
MM6: Flame Pillar, Plant Barrier
MM7: Danger Wrap, Slash Claw, Beat Rescue
MM8: Flame Sword, Tornado Hold
MM9: Gravity Bomb (Final Smash)
MM10: --

Megaman: The Power Battle: Mega Upper

Red Shirt KRT

Smash Ace
NNID
1-337-PWN-CALL
3DS FC
0044-2813-9398
I think cut man? (I think) would be cool. If I remember it was kind of like a boomerang with a circular type flight pattern that came back to mega man

CopShowGuy

Smash Ace
NNID
CopShowGuy
3DS FC
0430-8285-4172
Actually, there's nothing from 5 either. Beat was technically introduced in 5, but in that game, he attacked. It wasn't until later that his pit rescue effect was added.

Here's what moves were pulled from which games:
MM1: Hyper Bomb, Super Arm, Ice Slasher, Arm Cannon Buster
MM2: Metal Blade, Air Shooter, Crash Bomb, Leaf Shield
MM3: Hard Knuckle, Top Spin, Shadow Blade, Spark Shock, Rush Coil, Slide
MM4: Skull Barrier, Charge Shot
MM5: --
MM6: Flame Pillar, Plant Barrier
MM7: Danger Wrap, Slash Claw, Beat Rescue
MM8: Flame Sword, Tornado Hold
MM9: Gravity Bomb (Final Smash)
MM10: --

Megaman: The Power Battle: Mega Upper
Yeah. But the Charge Shot they used in Smash is more like the one from MM5. 4's Charge Shot was long and narrow. 5's was tall and wide. That's why I put Beat in the 5 category. That's where he first appeared.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Yeah. But the Charge Shot they used in Smash is more like the one from MM5. 4's Charge Shot was long and narrow. 5's was tall and wide. That's why I put Beat in the 5 category. That's where he first appeared.
I like the MM 5 charge shot because it actually looks like, you know, a big ball of death coming to obliterate you. Nitpicks aside, I usually align :4megaman:'s weapons and abilities with their games of origin, regardless of their properties in Smash.

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
Oh I'd love to see Protoman as some sort of MM clone!

Special ability: shield jump. Like Link's shield, Pm's blocks attacks but its only out in mid air while doing nothing

Special moves:

B: rolling cutter.
Works like in MM1. Its basically shadow blade but with an arc

Side B: Search snake
A wall climbing projectile, maybe even with slightly explosive qualities. If megaman got some sort gooey bomb, protoman can get a version of a bombchu

Up b: spring from megaman 9\10.
Works like rush coil

Down b: jewel satillite
A shield weapon is too integral to megaman's gameplay, so replacing itcompletely might hurt pm a lot. Jewel satellite could work like it did for jewel man. If the jewels are getting shot, they'll fly towards the opponent.

I am typing on a tablet now, so i may update this post later from my laptop :)

Red Shirt KRT

Smash Ace
NNID
1-337-PWN-CALL
3DS FC
0044-2813-9398
I think Elec man's projectile from MM1 would be sweet, but also OP

Top Bottom