• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Other Means of Killing: Fast Falling UAir

Corthos Fellrin

Smash Cadet
Ok, I've been playing Pit for sometime now. When I watch other Pits/DPs play I see them getting kills off FThrow and reads with Fsmash and such. I have been sitting on this for a while now and even had a posted that had it inside, but I was never sure if it was useful. Now I know this can be useful as it has lead to quite a few of my kills. Let's just talk about it:

So Pits/DP UAir is used juggling and combo finishing, but UAir has a hitbox in the center that has a set knockback even at 999%. If you do a falling UAir on someone it can lead into a USmash and a kill. If you do this when they aren't in kill % then you can pivot grab. I found this to be really useful I wanted to tell others so they can use it too. I don't have anything to record to show what it looks like, sorry lol. Just know if you do a Fast Falling UAir on someone it will shoot them up a bit. No one has DI'd this so not sure if you can. You people test it out and see for yourself on how useful it is. Unlike doing a sweetspotted DAir into USmash try this as this combo can't be teched. If you mess up the enemy slide left or right.

Edit: I really want to have footage this just to show because I am visual person myself. I don't have the stuff to record so it will be trash can quality. Unless someone else does it, I'm going to do it :p.

Edit 2: Fun Fact if you are quick enough you can get a footstool. This means you can do your footstool combos if you wish.

Last edited:

Dusk Pit

Smash Apprentice
It's a great kill option but not very safe. You need to be sure it hits, otherwise you are getting punished because uair has nasty landing lag. I have been trying to use this too lately on for glory.

Corthos Fellrin

Smash Cadet
It's a great kill option but not very safe. You need to be sure it hits, otherwise you are getting punished because uair has nasty landing lag. I have been trying to use this too lately on for glory.
Here is how I see it: When I go for the kill, most of the time it is DAir > USmash but everyone knows they can tech it. For those that can "tech those" I use this option. This is nothing to spam or nothing to fish for a kill with. I never said it was safe, itis just an option.

In the neutral game I tend to float around when they get too close. It is normal when they get close to punish me for doing I bait them with fast fall into another quick jump or footstool. For those people who do not challenge this and stay in shield I will fast fall into a grab. Anyway I don't want people spamming this option for they will get rekt.

Top Bottom