• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Other cool Wii/GameCube stuff

jam3s007

Smash Cadet
I figured the general discucssion would be the best place for something like this. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Are there any other cool game mods like project M for wii or gamecube? I've been to the homebrew viewer(w/e) it's called, I use USB loader, and I've got the whole 480p thing going. I'm just wondering what other cool stuff is out there that I could be missing. I know there are emulators and all of that good stuff.

I think I'd be a lot more blown away by the GameCube side of backwards compatibility if the GC shooters weren't somewhat ruined by the GC controller. The joysticks are great for lots of other games but I find games like time splitters(2 & 3), 007 night fire, and xiii are somewhat ruined by the joysticks and their sensitivity as well. I'm amazed by resident evil 4 playing at 480p. Why can't all GC and Wii games look and play so good? It's sad that the best version of RE4 is the GC(& Wii) version.

I use dolphin a little but but at almost 25 years old, I find myself returning to the sofa to play video games in a comfortable/relaxing setting.

I'm a big Demon Souls/Dark Souls fan but of course there is nothing like that on the GC/Wii. I've played a few that are somewhat similar but don't quite feed into my addiction. Mainly I just return to the classics in the little free time that I have. I'm definitely a sucker for nostalgia.

Anywho, please post some cool GC/Wii stuff that I should look into If you have a minute or would like to share thoughts/opinions.

Also add my PM Friend Code!: 1466-2904-4617

Last edited:

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
Other mods for smash are 20XX Training Pack, Melee SD Remix, Brawl+ (dead), Brawl-. You've probably heard of the 20XX pack being used to practice, but other than that it's pretty much vanilla Melee. All the others could be considered standalone games, with enough balancing changes to distinguish themselves from the original games, but none are even close to being on the same scale as PM.

jam3s007

Smash Cadet
I'll probably Just stick with PM for brawl mods. Seems like the best one anyway.

On a side note I just discovered bootmii and priiloader. I don't know how I survived so long without these two gems.

jam3s007

Smash Cadet
Haha, of course. I thought you were saying there was a way to navigate the Wii system menu with a gcn controller. I'm so done with the Wii system menu anyways.

Top Bottom