• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OTC League Low-tier Tournament #1

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Thread where crews are listed: http://smashboards.com/threads/onli...cause-the-old-thread-had-no-active-op.388496/

TIER LIST BEING USED:

http://smashboards.com/threads/swf-...version-1-0-finished-time-for-a-break.379736/

Any character D tier or below is fair game and considered okay to be in the tournament.

CHALLONGE LINKS:

Bracket: http://challonge.com/OTCLeagueLowtier1

Sign-up page: http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/IIjlGjEYft

This is for the members of the OTC League and its crews :3 that's why it has to do with BP. haha.

When will this be? From the 18th of April, until it ends! It's a multi-day tournament.

THIS IS A WII U TOURNAMENT

Now that that's outta the way...

This is the second crew tournament to be attached to the official crew battle thread. Thus, I, with some help from TheMoneyTeam, will do my best to make this run smoothly. That being said, I hope everyone has fun, and tries their best.
Legal Stage List:

Neutrals:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Town and City
Lylat

Counterpicks:

Duck Hunt
Delfino Plaza
Halberd
Kongo Jungle
Skyloft

If both players are ok with a stage not listed here, they can go to that stage, but only if both players agree.

Battle type:

1v1
Best of 3
Semifinals and finals are best of 5.
3 stocks, 8 minutes
Gentlemen's rule is available
1-2-1 striking system
2 bans for winner, then loser picks

Additional rules:

1) No customs
2) default Miis are allowed, but only the default type (1111, 2222, and 3333) so customs must be off.

If I missed anything, let me know. :3
Crew name:
Pair List: (you can add as many pairings as you want from your crew, as those that are possible to participate)
1. DK Country Tropical Freeze
2. BP (exact amount to be decided, depending on how many crews are participating)

Last edited:

DrChops

Smash Apprentice
Looks great! I'm excited to fight some different characters.

Last edited:

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Haha, Freudian slip? I was going to say "not fight diddys", but then I decided to be more positive. I guess I forgot the remove the "not"
xD

Rob is the new diddy (in the low-tier tourney), I'd say, because despite being still at D tier, he's always considered good.

Everyone else seems around the same level tho.

Tornado

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AnEF5Tornado
Never done a tourney before. Anything specific I need to know for my first one or just the rules as written here? How do you deal with any lag issues?

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Never done a tourney before. Anything specific I need to know for my first one or just the rules as written here? How do you deal with any lag issues?
Are you part of a crew? =D

if so, lag is a thing that happens XP we just deal with it haha.
Also the rules are written in the thread, and the challonge.

Tornado

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AnEF5Tornado
Are you part of a crew? =D

if so, lag is a thing that happens XP we just deal with it haha.
Also the rules are written in the thread, and the challonge.
Nope. No crew. Just have played For Glory since I got the game in February and haven't done anything with other people yet.
Do all tournaments require crews?

Last edited:

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Nope. No crew. Just have played For Glory since I got the game in February and haven't done anything with other people yet.
Do all tournaments require crews?
No, but this one does XP the crews can be found in the link in the first post.

Tornado

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AnEF5Tornado
No, but this one does XP the crews can be found in the link in the first post.
Ah ok. Well I'm not really looking to join a crew right now. Also, I know lag happens but I'm having a stupid amount this afternoon so I'll pass. Thanks for the info though :)

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
This is after the patch comes out. I presume Mewtwo's banned. It feels weird to hold a low-tier tourney a couple of days after a balance patch comes out. I might give it a shot though.

KCsmash

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KaceyProGamer
3DS FC
5386-8840-6815
Tiers may have to be completely revempad after the balance update on the 15th. Pretty cliche time to hold a low tier toureny as Heavylobster said :p

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Tiers may have to be completely revempad after the balance update on the 15th. Pretty cliche time to hold a low tier toureny as Heavylobster said :p
Best chance to try it out then ;D see if any of the low-tiers get any major buffs that make them high-tier.

My best guess is, even the low-tiers that get upgrades will only be buffed to around mid-tier at most.

Mewtwo will be untested at the time though, so no mewtwo fellas. Haha.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
My biggest apologies for the HUGE delay. Couldnt get online at all saturday and sunday due to internet issues. Nonetheless, this has started. Theres no chat, but feel free to find your opponent with this thread, and PM them. If you want, I can create a chatzy and everyone can meet there.

Needless to say, this tournament is still going for as long as it takes to finish, so no rush, no rushj.

Sorry guys x.x

Pikachu24Fan

Smash Cadet
NNID
Pikachu24Fan
3DS FC
4725-8122-1698
My biggest apologies for the HUGE delay. Couldnt get online at all saturday and sunday due to internet issues. Nonetheless, this has started. Theres no chat, but feel free to find your opponent with this thread, and PM them. If you want, I can create a chatzy and everyone can meet there.

Needless to say, this tournament is still going for as long as it takes to finish, so no rush, no rushj.

Sorry guys x.x
No problem dude, we understand and were glad to have you back :D

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Just letting you guys know, if by the 29th there hasn't been a winner decided, I will have to select a game to offer, and I will choose DK country, because it's the only new complete game for the wii, aside from Mario Galaxy 2, but that game is significantly older. :S

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
How long do we have to wait until our opponent responds to the matchup ?
If by tonight your opponents havent responded, let me know in the thread and I'll move you up.

I would think more people were aware of when they had to do their matches xD

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
I'll update the bracket before I sleep.

EDIT:

Round 1 of winners, updated.

The ones where both were not here, was randomly chosen who would proceed

Last edited:

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Sorry, there was no indication that you were busy D= I had to move on to round 2.

On the bright side, you're stll in, just in loser's.

Last edited:
Top Bottom