• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Osu! The Music Game That Hurts Your Soul!

ScarletRed012

Smash Cadet
NNID
ScarletRed012
3DS FC
2079-4334-7623
Hey everyone, so I'm here to make a thread on osu! since I didn't really see anything recently posted here.

So what is osu!?
Osu! is a rhythm game that was originally a DS game, but Dean Herbert (peppy) made a PC variant of the game in 2007. It's also known to be closely similar to another DS game Elite Beat Agents.

I basically don't expect many people to actually play this game and smash as well but if you do maybe answer some questions so others know about you and osu!

1. When did you start playing?
2. What rank are you currently?
3. How often do you play? (is it simply a past time or is it something you play religiously?)
4. What songs do you prefer to play?
5. What's your osu! name (Optional: For others to add you)
6. Favorite top player? (Optional: There are a good amount of players who don't know many top players)

I'll fill one out as an example (and also so you can know about me)

1. Probably 3 years ago. September 2013
2. I'm 7.8k but I was 6.6k before I quit. I'm trying to get back into the game since it really is fun!
3. When I'm really into it... I can play it religiously for hours. Currently I try to play for a few hours per day which does seem to be working.
4. I prefer to play Touhou songs over anything. But Metal is probably my top priority among all (Like S.S.H. or Demetori or even Dark Phoenix)
5. [ Scarlet Red ] feel free to talk in-game with me if I'm on xD
6. Personally.... Cookiezi. But I'm not gonna be so average or anything so I'd have to say truly either Rafis or Doomsday... or even Axarious there are a lot of good ones out there but that Axarious DT Gangsta was seriously a killer play.

Anyway yeah I'm kind of curious to see the Osu! players that we have in this community. I'm going to make an early guess and say there are probably none but... maybe I'll get one or two? xD

What may be even better. We could get some osu! sessions down if people actually play and are around similar skill level. But I'll only do something like this if we get similar ranking players xD

Lily♫

(✿◠‿◠)
NNID
NheroArconix
3DS FC
5112-3935-5323
1 - November 2013.
2 - 45k~ish. I still have <10k playcount due to being really on/off with activity.
3 - Very on/off. When I'm on, I'm playing for hours a day. when i'm off, I haven't played seriously in months.
4 - Whatever's fun and well mapped, really. osu!'s already introduced me to songs I never would have found before because of this.
5 - NheroArconix
6 - Cookiezi.

I'd be up for playing anytime really, I wind up messing around and playing stuff above my skill level for fun. Nofail big black anyone? Maybe even messing around in tagcoop?

Last edited:

ScarletRed012

Smash Cadet
NNID
ScarletRed012
3DS FC
2079-4334-7623
1 - November 2013.
2 - 45k~ish. I still have <10k playcount due to being really on/off with activity.
3 - Very on/off. When I'm on, I'm playing for hours a day. when i'm off, I haven't played seriously in months.
4 - Whatever's fun and well mapped, really. osu!'s already introduced me to songs I never would have found before because of this.
5 - NheroArconix
6 - Cookiezi.

I'd be up for playing anytime really, I wind up messing around and playing stuff above my skill level for fun. Nofail big black anyone? Maybe even messing around in tagcoop?
Omg I remember when I used to nofail the big black at like 100k+ for ****s n giggles lmao. I actually did manage to beat it... like once. #neveragain lol. Also that cookiezi video xD

Lily♫

(✿◠‿◠)
NNID
NheroArconix
3DS FC
5112-3935-5323
Omg I remember when I used to nofail the big black at like 100k+ for ****s n giggles lmao. I actually did manage to beat it... like once. #neveragain lol. Also that cookiezi video xD
I HT it now. :lol:
That video has been one of my favorites for a while. It accurately captures what it feels like to spectate him.

ScarletRed012

Smash Cadet
NNID
ScarletRed012
3DS FC
2079-4334-7623
I HT it now. :lol:
That video has been one of my favorites for a while. It accurately captures what it feels like to spectate him.
I used to watch him back before his ban. Even used his skin. Those were good times which I miss. But games change and with that we must get used to it. I wonder if there are more Smash and Osu players like you xD

ZafKiel

Smash Apprentice
1. January 2015
2. You don't wanna know
3. Very rarely, I'm trying to get a new computer so once I do, I'll play more often. Debating whether to buy a stylus
4. Anime OP/ED, JPOP
5. Dokixdoki
6. Cookiezi

Mitsu

Smash Rookie
1. 3 years ago but I really started in May 2014. 12k playcount atm
2. 31K
3. It really depends on my mood. Some weeks I can play 4 hours each day then I won't play for 3 months
4. Jump/aim maps
5. Mitsuw
6. Elysion

Inclemence

Smash Rookie
1. March of 2011, friend gave it to me at a lan.
2. In my prime i was around 25-26k, took a long break. Now i'm at around 48k probably
3. Used to be religious AF. now I just play it every now and then after I got into smash in 2013. Kept founding it harder to play due to wrist problems w/ both games
4. Faster DnB, J-Rock songs w/ streams
5. Incelmency (I ****ed up Inclemence like 3 times LMAO)
6. Cookiezi

Last edited:

ScarletRed012

Smash Cadet
NNID
ScarletRed012
3DS FC
2079-4334-7623
1. January 2015
2. You don't wanna know
3. Very rarely, I'm trying to get a new computer so once I do, I'll play more often. Debating whether to buy a stylus
4. Anime OP/ED, JPOP
5. Dokixdoki
6. Cookiezi
Personally I'm fine with everyone's rank whether your 900k or 10k, and I hope you get that computer and play more. I'd like to see more players improve quicker. Also cookie is lyf

1. 3 years ago but I really started in May 2014. 12k playcount atm
2. 31K
3. It really depends on my mood. Some weeks I can play 4 hours each day then I won't play for 3 months
4. Jump/aim maps
5. Mitsuw
6. Elysion
Dude Elysion is SICK. Also nice I started 3 years too. A bit on and off (half a year break at one point) but I've never fully quit. It's just an amazing game.

1. March of 2011, friend gave it to me at a lan.
2. In my prime i was around 25-26k, took a long break. Now i'm at around 48k probably
3. Used to be religious AF. now I just play it every now and then after I got into smash in 2013. Kept founding it harder to play due to wrist problems w/ both games
4. Faster DnB, J-Rock songs w/ streams
5. Incelmency (I ****ed up Inclemence like 3 times LMAO)
6. Cookiezi
You should try to start playing more. I love this damn game too much xD. Really somethin' special... and here I'm just waiting for a gamecube controller to play that more.

Top Bottom