• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Orange And L.A. County Smashers

Marth/Falco Pro

Smash Lord
not really unless someone wants to come to my house on sunday cuz thats also a free day for me so ill be home ALL day long. i cant wait til tomorrow!

*edit* turns out im gonna be going to vegas on sunday and monday so yeah, ill be gone so no one should come on sunday. i pretty much forgot about that so yeah...

The Grinch

Smash Journeyman
For all the people who wanted to come over tomorrow and can't, I apologize =[ But this is sort of like a "ease in" kind of thing. See, my dad is cool about having a few people over, just not people he doesn't really know, you know what I mean? So next time I have a small smashfest, I'll let more come. It's just that JOVAN, M/F Pro and Kanzaki and I have been talking about smashing again since the tourny on Sunday, so they get the dibs.

Okay guys, see you tomorrow morning. 10 AM earliest you can show up. Or else I might not be awake ;] Ha ha. If you want you guys can call before you leave. If I don't answer, give it a few mins then try again. See you all there. Remember:

1.) BYOC (And memory cards if you wanna use your names lol)
2.) Bring snacks for yourselves ;] I mean, you can eat whatever's here, but there isn't much lol.
3.) Bring your game face!
4.) But mostly enjoy yourselves.

Marth/Falco Pro

Smash Lord
For all the people who wanted to come over tomorrow and can't, I apologize =[ But this is sort of like a "ease in" kind of thing. See, my dad is cool about having a few people over, just not people he doesn't really know, you know what I mean? So next time I have a small smashfest, I'll let more come. It's just that JOVAN, M/F Pro and Kanzaki and I have been talking about smashing again since the tourny on Sunday, so they get the dibs.

Okay guys, see you tomorrow morning. 10 AM earliest you can show up. Or else I might not be awake ;] Ha ha. If you want you guys can call before you leave. If I don't answer, give it a few mins then try again. See you all there. Remember:

1.) BYOC (And memory cards if you wanna use your names lol)
2.) Bring snacks for yourselves ;] I mean, you can eat whatever's here, but there isn't much lol.
3.) Bring your game face!
4.) But mostly enjoy yourselves.

Great! Ill be there and ill definately bring my game face! :p

Blood Falcon

Smash Journeyman
I live in La Mirada, it is close to Buena Park so I may want to go sometime. The problem is that I only turn 14 in 2 weeks (i dont drive) and my parents probably won't let me go. Cuz school is comin up ill only be available on the Weekends.

The Grinch

Smash Journeyman
JOVAN, Kanzaki, and M/F Pro, I'd like to thank you guys for coming, and being polite guests ha ha. Even though it wasn't a huge smashfest, it was definitely some of the most fun I've had with smash in a long time lol.

"OMG HE'S REALLY A KID!!! HE'S 12 YEARS OLD"

xD Freakin' Kanzaki....funny shiit ha ha. Your Y. Link is tiiiiiiight, we should go to a low tier tourny and pwn lol.

JOVAN, man your Falco got crazy! That first match was yours, hands down. But I came back and 2 stocked him with Luigi ;] Hey, I'm The Grinch, what do you expect?? Gooooood matches man. Lance ftw!

M/F Pro, your Yoshi is really good, I don't know why you're bothering with Marth and Falco, you can be one of the few Yoshi users. But, I really have to admit, your Marth got a lot better since last time.

Fun times guys, thanks again for coming. PM me if you want to smash it up again, and we'll try to have another smashfest, only bigger!

Marth/Falco Pro

Smash Lord
Today was an awesome day! It was great showing you the IC freeze glitch. If you and Kanzaki go to a low tier tourny, count me in! ill pwn with my yoshi. thanks, Grinch for having us over and giving us a great time. i bother with Marth and Falco cuz i just cant resist playing them =) Yoshi is just a fun to play char but ill consider having him as my main. thanks for the compliment too. ur luigi is really good! im hoping ill be able to be a good match for him.oh yeah kanzaki, "OMG! He's a kid!!" that was hilarious. you didnt even get over that did you? well yeah, you can call me kid lol. J0VAN, you almost forgot ur VCR again but at the Grinch's house xD. Great game today guys, i hope we can smash it up soon (I love swords dance spiking =P I cant believe you survived mine Grinch!)

Kanzaki

Smash Champion
Today was freaken awesome! I'm up for a low tier tourny any time =] That's why I play as Young Link ^^ I liked the last game, The Green Team, Luigi and Young Link, vs 2 Marths xD But yeah, Jovan, invite at Cal Poly is open if you ever wanna play, just let me know, and I'll probably play with you more often Grinch, seeing as how you live down the street. M/F Pro, I'd love to play you again, I'm just a lazy driver xD But yeah, if you ever wanna party, let me know, I'll hook you up with some girls, hehe.

NullVortex

Smash Apprentice
Deep in the Middle of I-Suck-At-MeleeVille
If anybody is holding a smashfest sometime soon in the Garden Grove/Westminster area, feel free to tell me. I'll see if I can go. But it is unlikely that I'll go for another 2 to 3 weeks at least since school has just started for me. And I gotta concentrate on my English grade. Stupid A Separate Peace test. Totally screwed me up. :urg:

Marth/Falco Pro

Smash Lord
ill be holding a few probly around Winter Break or maybe when the veterans day weekend comes. Grinch, Kanzaki, J0VAN, and NullVortex are invited anytime im free =) thank god im only in the 7th grade :p im not gonna be holding tournys anymore cuz some ppl complained and started *****ing so im only inviting my friends. Yeah, well Kanzaki, i dont need any girls at the moment but you could hook up with my sis xD. My house might be too far for some of you guys but i hope we have smashfests in the future. It turns out im free tomorrow so anyone can come over. Im going to Las Vegas on Monday and Tuesday so i might not be as active as i am usually. :( oh yeah BloodFalcon, hooray for younger smashers that dont completely suck! (my neighborhood friends suck :p)

The Grinch

Smash Journeyman
Today was freaken awesome! I'm up for a low tier tourny any time =] That's why I play as Young Link ^^ I liked the last game, The Green Team, Luigi and Young Link, vs 2 Marths xD But yeah, Jovan, invite at Cal Poly is open if you ever wanna play, just let me know, and I'll probably play with you more often Grinch, seeing as how you live down the street. M/F Pro, I'd love to play you again, I'm just a lazy driver xD But yeah, if you ever wanna party, let me know, I'll hook you up with some girls, hehe.
Ha ha the green team was ownage xD "OMG HOLD HIM I'LL LANCE" LOL

Goooood stuff.

NullVortex

Smash Apprentice
Rofl. Jeez, that was fast. 2 smashfests in a row? Wow, we're really busy lately. Anyways, I won't be going tommorrow. I can probably make it during winter break, or my (hopefully) weeklong thanksgiving break if anybody is free, and if I got my grade back up to an A so my parents won't be breathing down my friggin neck all the time.

Marth/Falco Pro

Smash Lord
He said it, not me, Smashfest at M/F pro's place, now.

Hey hey hey, wait up a second! i said i MIGHT be able to have a smashfest at my house but i gotta concentrate on school when it starts and try and get better grades. If there's anything
that has to do with the topic of a smashfest at my house, ill tell you guys. Im gonna pwn you guys with my Yoshi by then =P

Kanzaki

Smash Champion
Lol, forget the SmashFest then, party at your house =] I gotta meet this sister of yours xD No worries bout Yoshi, I'll keep caping you =]

JOVAN

Smash Journeyman
Good stuff at Grinchs house, thanks Grinch, And you and your dam Lance upper cuts!!! man, you are to good at it. But thanks for hosting a small bash it was fun.

Oh and the Marvel vs. Capcom matches were fun to. It was the first time I saw Infinites, you are TOOO good at that game TOOO!!!

Kanzaki: I will probably hit you up at Cal-Poly, we must train for the Devry Tournament, that medal will be mine.

M/F Pro: Thanks man for bringing my VCR, ha ha ha and thnaks again for reminding me not to forget it at The Grinch's house. Your Yoshi has gooten better I will remember that spike man you will pay for that. HA HA HA

Marth/Falco Pro

Smash Lord
M/F Pro: Thanks man for bringing my VCR, ha ha ha and thnaks again for reminding me not to forget it at The Grinch's house. Your Yoshi has gooten better I will remember that spike man you will pay for that. HA HA HA
haha, yeah i've been practicing with Yoshi a lot so yeah. oh yeah, i loved it when i did that yoshi spike on you! it was great! i also remember i spiked someone with my marth's swords dance and you said "thats DSF style!" lmao. i cant believe you almost forgot ur VCR at the Grinch's place lol.

JOVAN

Smash Journeyman
"thats DSF style!"

it's true. By the way AWSOME banner. I have to get something like that for my crew

oh and I will be winning that medal.

The Grinch

Smash Journeyman
I'm gonna try and go to that tourny, Jovan. Sounds like good fun. And I know I already said it, but man, good fun today. Good, good fun. Hope to play you guys again soon.

Marth/Falco Pro

Smash Lord
And I know I already said it, but man, good fun today. Good, good fun. Hope to play you guys again soon.
Yeah, it was good clean fun. :) id also wanna play you guys again soon. it was awesome and i improved a lot more.

By the way AWSOME banner. I have to get something like that for my crew
thanks for the compliment =) i wish i had a crew...maybe i can form something like the "SSBM Lil Kid Alliance" lol.

Edit: would you guys be up for a smashfest this wednesday at my house? im just wondering because i wanna do something before school starts again for me. im just hoping to play someone or have a good time on my last day of summer =/

Marth/Falco Pro

Smash Lord
oh yeah guys, im gonna be hosting a low tier tourny soon! i just learned how to use brackets so yeah, its all planned out now. but maybe less people will come, like maybe you 3 guys, NullVortex maybe, Mcrustyjf if he wants, and other people we're all acquainted with. =P By the time i have this low tier tourny, ur all going to hope you dont go against me and my Yoshi!

McRustyJr

Smash Lord
oh yeah guys, im gonna be hosting a low tier tourny soon! i just learned how to use brackets so yeah, its all planned out now. but maybe less people will come, like maybe you 3 guys, NullVortex maybe, Mcrustyjf if he wants, and other people we're all acquainted with. =P By the time i have this low tier tourny, ur all going to hope you dont go against me and my Yoshi!
i could just run it again if i showed up.

Marth/Falco Pro

Smash Lord
lets forget about the smashfest cuz obviously some ppl started school and i gtg get ready for school on that day too. ill probly just have a middle tier tourny instead of a low one. Dont ask why its because i want it to be middle tier ok?!

NullVortex

Smash Apprentice
So... you are going to not have a smashfest, but rather you will hold a tourney? Wow, good luck guys. Wait...Middle Tier? OH MY GOD! **** you M/F Pro, you know I'd try and do anything for a middle tier tourney. Mario FTW. But I'm still not going.:ohwell:

Hold one somewhere 'round Christmas or Thanksgiving and I'll probably go for sure. Have fun with the Middle Tiers.

McRustyJr

Smash Lord
lets forget about the smashfest cuz obviously some ppl started school and i gtg get ready for school on that day too. ill probly just have a middle tier tourny instead of a low one. Dont ask why its because i want it to be middle tier ok?!
imma be blunt and go ahead and say thats dumb ;)

Marth/Falco Pro

Smash Lord
imma be blunt and go ahead and say thats dumb ;)
eh, i guess it is...:p

Wow, good luck guys. Wait...Middle Tier? OH MY GOD! **** you M/F Pro, you know I'd try and do anything for a middle tier tourney. Mario FTW. But I'm still not going.:ohwell: Hold one somewhere 'round Christmas or Thanksgiving and I'll probably go for sure. Have fun with the Middle Tiers.
it probly will be around thanksgiving or christmas break so yeah, i hope you come. lol, you love mario dont you? he's higher than middle tier tho, but ill make an acception. I use my Yoshi which is a low tier but he still helps me own some n00bs and maybe some decent players in the future =)

McRustyJr

Smash Lord
eh, i guess it is...:p

it probly will be around thanksgiving or christmas break so yeah, i hope you come. lol, you love mario dont you? he's higher than middle tier tho, but ill make an acception. I use my Yoshi which is a low tier but he still helps me own some n00bs and maybe some decent players in the future =)
mario is middle tier, yoshi isnt.

NullVortex

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, Mario is middle tier man. I think he moved up above ganon though in the new one. If you wanna know who's in middle just check the thread that's probably floating around melee discussion. I think it was SBR 2006 Tier List or something along those lines.

NullVortex

Smash Apprentice
gj banning ur own character ;)

Was that aimed at me or M/F Pro? If it was, yeah I know, I'm soooo intelligent. :laugh:

Anyway, just checked the list and its CF, IC, Samus, Jiggly, Doc, Mario, and Ganon in the middle tier. Might have missed someone so if anybody wants to correct me go ahead.

Edit: Right, thanks for clearing that up McRustyJr. I'm a bit slow on the uptake. Obviously.:grin:

McRustyJr

Smash Lord
Was that aimed at me or M/F Pro? If it was, yeah I know, I'm soooo intelligent. :laugh:

Anyway, just checked the list and its CF, IC, Samus, Jiggly, Doc, Mario, and Ganon in the middle tier. Might have missed someone so if anybody wants to correct me go ahead.
sigh... it wuz aimed towards m/f pro seeing as how he made it middle tier to be selfish and only include his character giving him the edge but in the process, due to his lack of knowledge, having it backfire onto himself...

Marth/Falco Pro

Smash Lord
sigh... it wuz aimed towards m/f pro seeing as how he made it middle tier to be selfish and only include his character giving him the edge but in the process, due to his lack of knowledge, having it backfire onto himself...
what're you talking about?How Does it backfire on me? i didnt change it to middle tier for myself. i did it for NullVortex and J0VAN...Grinch was able to use his main and i thought "Pikachu and Mario are Close to Low tier so why dont i make it middle tier" I wasnt trying to give myself an advantage and im not selfish and a ******* that way. i thought i should do something nice for NullVortex and J0VAN. i looked at the recent tier list so its back to low tier with an exception of Mario and Gannon. I dont use any middle tier characters so how am i giving myself an edge? I may lack knowledge but i changed to middle tier before to do some nice things...:ohwell: I wasnt raised by my parents to make things unfair for other people. :( again, i changed it to middle tier in good intentions for others but if its such a problem to other people, they might aswell not even come at all. Here's the new tier list so its going back to a Low Tier Tournament with the exception of mario and gannon.

Characters Banned

Top Tier:
Fox
Falco

High Tier:
Sheik
Marth
Peach

Middle Tier:
Captain Falcon
Ice Climbers
Samus
Doctor Mario
Jigglypuff

Characters Allowed. With The Exception of Mario and Gannon as they are close to low tier

Low Tier:
Link
Luigi
Donkey Kong
Roy
Young Link
Pikachu

Bottom Tier:
Yoshi
Zelda
Mr. Game and Watch
Ness
Bowser
Kirby
Pichu
Mewtwo

NullVortex

Smash Apprentice
Ya know you didn't have to do that right? I would have been fine playing Y.Link even if I got destroyed. I need to work on actually finding a secondary, and maybe tetriary character. So a Low tier tourney would of been fine, not to mention fun, cus playing Y.Link calms me down and makes me laugh for some inexplicable reason.

McRustyJr

Smash Lord
Ya know you didn't have to do that right? I would have been fine playing Y.Link even if I got destroyed. I need to work on actually finding a secondary, and maybe tetriary character. So a Low tier tourney would of been fine, not to mention fun, cus playing Y.Link calms me down and makes me laugh for some inexplicable reason.
if u need a secondary character just pick sheik, u can learn her in like 1 day. u dont even have to practice.

Top Bottom