• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

options for internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
This may be in the wrong area but I'm new... um I lag when I play online with my Wii, perhaps because it's connecting to my Dsl modem from my parents' room to my room, there is no router or anything, it's doing it wireless. My question is what can I buy to make it faster, a wii router or do they make those? I really want to play but it's impossible like this...
Thanks and sorry if I posted in the wrong area.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Download:1.27mb/s
Upload: .21 mb/s
ping:63 ms
I also looked for an Ethernet cord to plug into my wii, thinking that'd help, but ugh...no Ethernet port so yeah ^^;

And thanks for the tips, but does the wii router help?

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Just a note; they changed our dsl channel today and it works nice, but still laggy. I've lost so many matches to lag so I'm getting the ethernet adaptor, then it'll be perfect! :)

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Download:1.27mb/s
Upload: .21 mb/s
ping:63 ms
That's pretty F'ing atrocious dude. Just sayin'

You may consider upgrading your package to mid-grade (standard) but I dunno about DSL in your area or what you have to choose from, but you -should- be shooting for 5 mBps download, and 500 kBps upload. This would at least improve your NWC experience, though Brawl online can still be laggy no matter what you do, it's just the nature of the beast.

And yes, wrong place, but its cool, use the stickied Q+A thread next time, and welcome to SWF!

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
WE changed channels, I don't know the technological limbo of that but my internet is amazing now, computer and brawl. I just need to get the ethernet adaptor for wii and I think it'll be perfect. I can battle on brawl now it's just sometimes it lags bad and I'm fairly sure the adaptor would fix it.

Thank you for the welcome and I'm sorry for the wrong thread xD I realized after I posted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom