• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Option Select I found out which is perfect for DK but can work for any character.

LuK2N

Smash Cadet
NNID
Elijah
In a nut shell I changed my grab from L to Y which allows you to pivot grab easier. But messing around in the online training room I discovered this option select. Check this out and tell me what you guys think. Is this good for DK? Is this pointless? Let's discuss this!

http://youtu.be/XWVKb8p0GHw

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Not technically an "option-select". A real option select in this game would be something like mashing Megaman's Up-B or Diddy Kong's Neutral B during approaches so that in the event you get hit, you take advantage of the dumb hitstun canceling glitch to avoid being comboed. Literally one input, but does different things depending on what your opponent does.

Last edited:

Gea

Smash Master
While neat, it kind of irks me that you can do jabs/tilts so easily with the grab button in this game.

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
This is very much possible with grab being set to the L button as well. Changing your control scheme has absolutely nothing to do with this mechanic. Also, as @ A2ZOMG A2ZOMG said, this is not technically an option select. It's really just a mixup, since you have two options out of the same situation - pivoting. Whether you can do this with one button, or using the attack and grab buttons separately, doesn't change the fact that the timing and what happens (ftilt/grab) is entirely up to you and is not based off the context or situation within the game making this not an option select.

Buts that's all just technicalities. :p The idea of pivoting past your opponent with different options at your disposal will definitely have application in this game. Limiting yourself to the grab button is not a good idea though, because it removes your ability to use the options the other buttons provides. This include pivot fsmash, jab, and even upsmash, not to mention that some characters have good enough forward-b's to use as well.

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
yea. A true OS is like when you shield and input c stick forward. if they hit your shield as this occurs u will grab them; if not then you will cross up roll.

Top Bottom