• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Optimizing My Punish Game as Marth

Darkoness21

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0576-4758-7122
I've noticed that in a lot of my games, I would get a grab in then proceed to a option but then my follow ups are lacking as I lack the knowledge of what would work most of the time if a person were miss DI, DI correctly, etc. This was just an example but really how do I maximize my punishes on my opponents and how do you guys practice follow ups?

FE_Hector

Smash Lord
I generally practice followups on my bro, just asking him to break out of the combos. Besides that, just watch where your opponent is and go for whatever comes to mind first. If you immediately realize you can uair him, go for it. If you think it's a better idea to wait and utilt, go for that. Generally, reactions are better than reads because reads can be so difficult, but reads lead to harder punishes. Watch the pros. They're the pros for a reason.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
Practice landing tipper aerials vs sourspot aerials. It will help you get used to the spacing for them and also get a feel for the knockback so that you can know which version of the move to use when comboing.

KevJames

Smash Apprentice
On spacies, Kadano's Perfect Marth Class should have percentages on when throw combos work and what options you should do to maximize the combo. Marth relies on punishing your opponents for mis-spacing. Opponents without a jump can be easily juggled by Marth, and when opponents are trying to DI away out of combos, you can do a DI trap by Fsmashing them when they DI to the left or right. This all comes with experience, so just keep on practicing!

Top Bottom