• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Optimal way to do jump+missile?

Treatz

Smash Rookie
Hi i am trying to learn timings and optimals ways to do jump+missile however i do not know the optimal way.

I have a feeling it is to short hop missile then maybe fast fall? but i don't know so any input would be nice.

Narfanator

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
NARF#806
Optimal would depend on the situation, but you know that. Then, the question becomes: how do I learn to be ready for any jump+missile situation?

And that answer is not an easy one. If you're really really new, I'd start off with Pokemon stadium and platform canceling those missiles up and down till you can do it by only sound for 30 seconds*. Then, if you're beyond that, I'd go for weak missile platform cancel up and down till you can do it for 10 seconds....with only sound...on Battlefield*.

But then you'll ask, "What about those damn low Sheiks and Jiggs?" That's where you practice short hop FF missile cancel. 25 in a row should be good*.

Once you get the height down of the lowest possible missile you can do, go to a stage with a top platform and drop through FF and missile cancel at it's lowest. 15 in a row*.

But then you'll ask, "What about those damn Marths, Foxes and Falco that vary height?" That's where you'll practice full jump double missile. 25 in a row is good*. Oh! and I know switching one of the double missiles is alright, but I don't think it's possible to full jump double weak missile...I could be wrong on that.

(Am I talking too much? I feel like I'm talking too much)

Once that is done, you'll be close to frame perfect shuffling mixing aerials and missiles then you're focus should to become butter....or a babies bottom, you know, smooth.

*All recommendations are arbitrary, but I think anyone would agree that master-level missile technique has been achieved when completed.

Treatz

Smash Rookie
Optimal would depend on the situation, but you know that. Then, the question becomes: how do I learn to be ready for any jump+missile situation?

And that answer is not an easy one. If you're really really new, I'd start off with Pokemon stadium and platform canceling those missiles up and down till you can do it by only sound for 30 seconds*. Then, if you're beyond that, I'd go for weak missile platform cancel up and down till you can do it for 10 seconds....with only sound...on Battlefield*.

But then you'll ask, "What about those damn low Sheiks and Jiggs?" That's where you practice short hop FF missile cancel. 25 in a row should be good*.

Once you get the height down of the lowest possible missile you can do, go to a stage with a top platform and drop through FF and missile cancel at it's lowest. 15 in a row*.

But then you'll ask, "What about those damn Marths, Foxes and Falco that vary height?" That's where you'll practice full jump double missile. 25 in a row is good*. Oh! and I know switching one of the double missiles is alright, but I don't think it's possible to full jump double weak missile...I could be wrong on that.

(Am I talking too much? I feel like I'm talking too much)

Once that is done, you'll be close to frame perfect shuffling mixing aerials and missiles then you're focus should to become butter....or a babies bottom, you know, smooth.

*All recommendations are arbitrary, but I think anyone would agree that master-level missile technique has been achieved when completed.
Thank you for the pointers on how i should practice those! I was asking about a jump and just shooting a missile and trying to optimize that since that can fit in as a very good approach option instead of just a spam/pressure option.

Narfanator

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
NARF#806
Thank you for the pointers on how i should practice those! I was asking about a jump and just shooting a missile and trying to optimize that since that can fit in as a very good approach option instead of just a spam/pressure option.
Oh!...I feel dumb...The Y button and dropping down to the B is faster than using X and traversing over the green button to get a missile out. But, FFMC doesn't leave you as open in case you're short on space and need to follow up with something.

Top Bottom