• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Optimal Samus Button Layout?

R

Ruben Samich

Hey guys, so I was just wondering what you guys think is the optimal button layout is, especially for Samus.
I ALWAYS use the Wii Classic Controller Pro, so no Gamecube layouts here.
This the layout I currently use.
ZL-Grab
ZR-Special
L-Shield
R-Jump

A-Attack
B-Special
X-Jump
Y-Jump
(L)
-Move (R)-Smash

P.S. I made this layout a while ago for Brawl and I've been using ever since, even for Sm4sh. But I figured it might be time for an update. Also, if you're wondering why I don't use a Gamecube controller, it's because I played Smash 64, and then I played Brawl, I never had a Gamecube or Melee. Also, my goal for the layout was to not have to take my right thumb off of the right stick, so that's why ABXY is still default. As a samus main, being able to jab isn't really necessary. Also, tap jump is off, so I can do tilts easily.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ultraplaykind

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW 3368 9656 0593
Change R-Stick to tilt. It's much better for punishing your opponent. Tilt attacks are in general quite good

Top Bottom