• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Optimal Punish after a Shieldbreak

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Just a small thing people should be aware of, especially now since shieldbreaks will be very common.

If you get a shieldbreak as Villager, you can kill your opponent as early as 25 or 30% with planting a tree behind them, chopping it once, then rolling behind them so they're sandwiched between you and the tree.

Then, send out a lloid, wait a split second for the lloid to almost become active, and axe so that axe hits them right after lloid, and combos into the falling tree.

:3

Luigimitsu

Smash Apprentice
Gonna need to lab this to see what % that can kill at, since a charged bowling ball will do the trick at anything over 40% for sure. I got a shield break with Axe at 80% recently in tournament and bowling ball was obvious for that situation but at 0% this could be useful :).

Volya

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheVolya
lil reminder : they can mash to get out of shieldbreak stun earlier (that's why i don't side taunt after a shieldbreak anymore)

FUEGO!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MontyRattata
lil reminder : they can mash to get out of shieldbreak stun earlier (that's why i don't side taunt after a shieldbreak anymore)
Isn't like, the more percent they have, the quicker they can mash out of the stun?

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Isn't like, the more percent they have, the quicker they can mash out of the stun?
Well your mashing speed depends on you.

The base stun time decreases with % however.

Unless at high % you are filled with determination, and mash faster somehow.

Last edited:

FUEGO!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MontyRattata
Well your mashing speed depends on you.

The base stun time decreases with % however.

Unless at high % you are filled with determination, and mash faster somehow.
I too know that one day the mouse might find a way to heat up the spaghetti.

Top Bottom