• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Optimal Method of Double Lasering?

Y-L

Smash Champion
I do the same thing. I've heard of quite a bit of people that prefer tap jump though.

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
I use X, but its the hardest method. If I had to start all over again, I'd use Y. Tap jump its cool but it might mess up your momentum or make u fore fox accidentally.

SamSun

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3823-8695-2370
Hi Kellen :3

I use X to B, but Y is probably the optimal. (unless it's mega uncomfortable)

EWC

Smash Ace
y->b is probably the best method, but it probably doesn't make that much of a difference which one you use.

A useful trick is to hold a shield button when you do repeated double lasers. This has no effect if you don't mess up, but it makes it impossible to accidentally do standing lasers because you failed the jump input.

Catchy

Smash Cadet
YBB. Super quick and easy and makes doing b reverse double laser super easy. Takes a while to learn, but way less awkward than tap jump IMO. You know what you're getting into in a sense I guess. It's more of a slide from Y to B and when learning remember not to hit A or you'll jab which is annoying.

yttik

I can do both Y and tap jump but I use tap jump most of the time, I mess up while using Y occasionally. Getting used to how tap jump works and the specific movement I need to make to turnaround in the jump made my lasers with both spacies and turnarounds in general better.

Dolla Pills

Smash Ace
I actually change my hand position from the way everyone holds it to shifting my index finger to y and my thumb to b, that makes it super easy (same for multishines)

S2rulL

Smash Journeyman
i'm tryna learn to do it through tap jump, but can't get it consistent quite yet

Top Bottom