• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

opinions on tournaments in tampa, florida MOSI

S4MUS4theW1nN

Smash Apprentice
was thinking about hosting tournaments every saturday at the MOSI in tampa, fl.I want to get opinions from the community to see if yall would be interested. im looking for some constructive suggestions.

So feel free to comment, suggest, w/e. hopefully if i get positive feedback from this thread I can a room rented from MOSI and we can get this thing rolling.

:)

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Whoa...it's possible to rent MOSI? hahaha that'd be awesome. I might have to drive for that one.

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
Dude, if you can convince them to bring back the Bodies Exhibit, then you will be a god amongst men. Otherwise, that isn't such a bad idea to have weekly tournaments. The only problem I see arising is that it will be difficult to gain attendance when other tournaments are going on (like May 24 for example, Mankosuki's tournament, a lot of people are going to that.). A good thing that I can foresee is that it will broaden the community, bringing in more people into the competitive scene.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
I'd definitely be down for it as it's practically walking distance from me.

Do you work there or just think it'd be a good spot? I'm curious as to what the price/conditions to renting out part of a museum is. If it's better suited, maybe I'll move mine into there and we could just host tourneys together.

The place I use is the club house at my apartment complex. It costs $100 per day and has an additional $200 deposit which I get back assuming nothing gets destroyed. I imagine it costs about the same for MOSI?

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
Whoa...it's possible to rent MOSI? hahaha that'd be awesome. I might have to drive for that one.
I'd definitely be down for it as it's practically walking distance from me.

Do you work there or just think it'd be a good spot? I'm curious as to what the price/conditions to renting out part of a museum is. If it's better suited, maybe I'll move mine into there and we could just host tourneys together.

The place I use is the club house at my apartment complex. It costs $100 per day and has an additional $200 deposit which I get back assuming nothing gets destroyed. I imagine it costs about the same for MOSI?
Well a friend of ours rents out a part of MOSI that is not used. We were intending on asking him to use his room for a tourney. It's quite spacious IMO.

As of right now, we are not sure how much it would cost.

S4MUS4theW1nN

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, The TO for the yugioh tournament named john rents a room there every sunday. I was going to see if I could get the room on sats.

freddybones

Smash Journeyman
That would be pretty interesting.
I hope that extra section is completely separate from the rest of the museum. I'd hate to have to pay museum admission as a door fee.

Top Bottom