• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Opinions on Marth Dittos?

SilverForUbers

Smash Master
NNID
Silver4Ubers
People say Marth dittos can be used to show which Marth is better, while others say that they can't be used to determine a better Marth. What are your opinions?

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this.

Jiten

Blade Dancing
NNID
Serenade_Blade
3DS FC
3067-9036-1684
I know I'm not exactly the guest you may be seeking, but I do have an opinion for this.
I believe Marth dittos can accurately determine a superior Marth, but not right away, as in a few sets. I think that the match is constantly on edge during dittos, as moves can be punished in a deadly efficient fashion, or missed entirely, depending on the person's skill - so, I think that if one person is superior at either punishing accurately or fighting off defensively, that Marth will triumph more frequently over the other.

Say, I've had a roughly equal Marth friend for a long time, and we play a lot. Say, he keeps on baiting me to do things, and I fall for it, dying. Say, my defense game is so good, our matches are very slow, yet I beat him under the patience of my style. Regardless of one's style, aggressiveness, or simple "nuu, I get more tipz so im better" I think whichever Marth wins more often against their foe is superior, no matter how. If you believe otherwise, I will say that people are constantly improving, but I'm talking present, and perhaps always present. That's my opinion, though, that a series of clean victories (even if narrow) can make you a so-called superior to your Marth main foe, at least until your opponent decides to train their ass off for 69 hours and come back to destroy you, but again, present!

Also, if nothing I say makes sense, sorry!

Last edited:

Zorcey

Smash Journeyman
Keep in mind that dittos are but one matchup in a game with 50+ matchups. If, hypothetically, one Marth could win all matchups with the exception of a ditto, and another Marth could only win a ditto against this Marth, the former Marth would still be worlds above the latter in skill.

SilverForUbers

Smash Master
NNID
Silver4Ubers
I know I'm not exactly the guest you may be seeking, but I do have an opinion for this.
I believe Marth dittos can accurately determine a superior Marth, but not right away, as in a few sets. I think that the match is constantly on edge during dittos, as moves can be punished in a deadly efficient fashion, or missed entirely, depending on the person's skill - so, I think that if one person is superior at either punishing accurately or fighting off defensively, that Marth will triumph more frequently over the other.

Say, I've had a roughly equal Marth friend for a long time, and we play a lot. Say, he keeps on baiting me to do things, and I fall for it, dying. Say, my defense game is so good, our matches are very slow, yet I beat him under the patience of my style. Regardless of one's style, aggressiveness, or simple "nuu, I get more tipz so im better" I think whichever Marth wins more often against their foe is superior, no matter how. If you believe otherwise, I will say that people are constantly improving, but I'm talking present, and perhaps always present. That's my opinion, though, that a series of clean victories (even if narrow) can make you a so-called superior to your Marth main foe, at least until your opponent decides to train their *** off for 69 hours and come back to destroy you, but again, present!

Also, if nothing I say makes sense, sorry!
Oic. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡ °)

Keep in mind that dittos are but one matchup in a game with 50+ matchups. If, hypothetically, one Marth could win all matchups with the exception of a ditto, and another Marth could only win a ditto against this Marth, the former Marth would still be worlds above the latter in skill.
Yeah. I understand what you mean.

Admiral_Dante

Smash Apprentice
I treat it as another matchup. I really hate the Marth Ditto. Even if i win i feel like a scumbag. I usually switch characters if possible.

EternalFlame

Smash Ace
NNID
Eterna1Flame
3DS FC
1993-8719-0815
I personally find the Marth ditto silly, as whoever swings first will likely be the one to lose that exchange if they misread/wiffed. I still do them a lot though, and as the others have said, it does help show the skill to one another. Whether one is better than the other is subjective due to MU experience and skill with Marth specifically. Marth does emphasize a strong fundamental, but you can't use just Marth alone to measure it.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
The more buffs Marth gets, the more fraudulent this match becomes.

Gawain

Smash Lord
NNID
Gawain
3DS FC
5069-4113-9796
marth dittos are lame

because of this

it's too bait and defense heavy
You can say this about almost all mirrors really. Roy dittos suck about as much too. Falcon mirror is basically the only one I can tolerate. I actually kinda like those.

EternalFlame

Smash Ace
NNID
Eterna1Flame
3DS FC
1993-8719-0815
You can say this about almost all mirrors really. Roy dittos suck about as much too. Falcon mirror is basically the only one I can tolerate. I actually kinda like those.
I think anyone who even pockets Falcon will like that ditto. The true purpose of Falcon is to style, even at the cost of victory after all xD

Buffoon

Smash Ace
NNID
Buffoon_on_U
3DS FC
1719-3804-4029
Am I the only person on this earth who legitimately ENJOYS Marth dittos (or dittos in general)???

Last edited:

JingleJangleJamil

Banned via Warnings
They are stupid, but fun to play when you just feel like messing around. If you want to play against a Marth player and win do not go Marth because as much as it may look like you have a set up on them they have a set up on you.

Top Bottom