• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Opinions on CT's Tier List regarding ZSS

jeck95

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3840-5508-5042
http://clashtournaments.com/project-m-3-02-preliminary-tier-list/
Short story, ZSS is lower-mid tier on this list where she is 5th to worst. I know this game is still very young, suspect to change, and a tier list for a game that is incredibly balanced probably shouldn't matter, but I feel ZSS should be high on this tier list and on any tier list people make for PM (For a lot of reasons, mainly her recovery, neutral game, and combo game). CT Hungrybox (who didn't participate in creating CT's PM tier list) placed ZSS 4th on his list on his facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/juanthefatty).
I personally think zss is top 10 but not necessarily top 5. What do you all say about this? Either way, I want every zss player in PM to do well to represent the character.

Last edited:

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I think both lists go pretty extreme on ZSS's placement. ZSS has strong fundamentals in the neutral game, (fast dash, good aerials, good pokes, etc.), and her punish game is top-notch, but she does struggle on defense. So she's not a weak character by any stretch, but she has some major flaws that the player will need to overcome to succeed. Hbox gave her a bit too much credit for her strong neutral and punish games, and didn't dock enough for her poor defense. Clash's tier list apparently ignores her strong neutral game, and focuses on her lack of a shield grab, which really isn't that much of a problem when you take into account her other oos options.

Daftatt

"float like a puffball, sting like a knee"
NNID
Daftatt
  • The most controversial placements were Zero Suit Samus and Olimar, who both received votes from members that differed by 7 points!
I think that there are those who understand ZSS's fundamentally and those who play against her occasionally, and their experiences with the character were reflected in the survey. She is definitely NOT low-mid tier.

Roche_CL

Smash Journeyman
I would give her mid tier, but no more.
She has great punishes and some good aerials.
I think she struggles too much against spamming chars, and her neutral B is just meh.
I been maining ZSS for some time now, more than 2 months, and Link, Pit and Fox seem kinda impossible. Tried really hard but can't seem to pass through those arrows and bombs and boomerangs. Fox on the other part is hard to punish on low %, and fox punishes you in any %.
And its not that im such a bad player, i mean, i was losing every match against this Link, then changed to Mario (which i play for fun in melee and its kinda similar in PM) and went on wrecking him and 3 stocking him xd.

TLDR I think her defense and approach are just too bad against some chars, and that make her kinda useless on those matchups. But I believe she should be higher (just plain middle tier).

NickLeo

Smash Apprentice
her neutral B is just meh.
I can't say I'd agree that her neutral B is just meh. Because it can be dash-cancelled, it compliments her speed and sets up for easy approaches way too often. If you literally shoot an uncharged shot and dash with it you only have a few options to cover
get hit - shffl'd nair or anything really
Shield - Just grab them
jump - nair/uair or cover landing options
back up - shoot again
I agree with projectile spam from link but fox can be gimped pretty easily with neutral b, dsmash/footstool, or even Fsmash

Roche_CL

Smash Journeyman
I can't say I'd agree that her neutral B is just meh. Because it can be dash-cancelled, it compliments her speed and sets up for easy approaches way too often. If you literally shoot an uncharged shot and dash with it you only have a few options to cover
get hit - shffl'd nair or anything really
Shield - Just grab them
jump - nair/uair or cover landing options
back up - shoot again
I agree with projectile spam from link but fox can be gimped pretty easily with neutral b, dsmash/footstool, or even Fsmash
It does have it uses, I agree. But compare it with Mario's fireballs, link's spam, Toonlink's spam, falco's lasers, etc. The thing that it can be dash-cancelled is the only thing that makes it usefull but it isn't great by itself.

indyrenegade

Smash Cadet
I care less that ZSS is at the bottom so much as the fact that you can take any character to the top with PM, yet the top of the list is still spacies . I guess it's part of the meta that still carries across from the old pro players that've been playing those characters since the early 2000s.

G13_Flux

Smash Lord
ZSS's has too many amazing attributes to be just a mid tier character. Her speed is like the 5th fastest in the game, she has a hell of a lot of range on a lot of moves making her a great spacing character, and her attacks lead extremely well into kills. That and she has a very good recovery. The fact that she has so many effective ranged options while still being one of the most quick and mobile characters in the game means that a lot of characters are going to have a ton of difficulty even starting to approach her. even the non pasma whip attacks have a ton of coverage (utilt, dsmash, uair, bair). Like i can definitely see ZSS falling into the high tier along with lucas, diddy, snake, pit, samus, mario, and maybe link or peach as well.

Top Bottom