• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Opinion's on Collectible Figurines for SSB4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikegamer0608

Smash Lord
NNID
Mikegamer0608
I had an idea of collectible figures being used to upgrade characters or maybe be used as DLC Data in the figures. I hope to hear your own opinion on something like this or if you don't want it at all. :)

Blue Warrior

Smash Apprentice
Physical objects that you have to buy in order to get an advantage over your opponent? No thanks.

MelMoe

Smash Journeyman
I like the idea of trophies to have their own minigame. All trophies could have their own special abilities. Kinda like the pokemon card game.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
maybe a Trophy battle system like in SF43D?

alsoq i am curious what will be next: Toys>Trophies>Stickers>???

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Unsure of what it can do. There could be cards/figurines to scan that unlock trophies, stickers, assists, and other unlockables. It could also be an alternative method for unlocking secret characters, you buy them in packs and they battle like the Kid Icarus Uprising cards, and scanning ones you don't have in the game can unlock them (or allow them to challenge you after the next match or something). Sounds like something Masahiro Sakurai might do. He could do it even for unlocking stages, considering there are stadium-like cards coming for Kid Icarus.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
For trophies and stickers as DLC released periodically to continually add content (FOR FREE), that sounds like a good idea. It sounds like what has been done with Pokémon lately.
Unnecessary fluff that adds a lot to development time and nothing to the game.
Not really. I mean, it gives the art designers something to do, and most of the trophies and stickers are literally imported from other games. It's not like it takes away from the people who balance the game and puts them in charge of it! :laugh:

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
When playing Brawl I actually cleared Subspace, completely forgetting the whole sticker upgrade system. I can't imagine I'm the only one. Wouldn't be surprised if they dropped stickers and stuck with trophies.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Yup, you aren't the only one. I wasn't aware that I can upgrade characters with stickers.
Still, the idea of doing something like that sounds silly.

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
Didn't they do this for the new Spyro games? Sounds like a good way for Nintendo to take your money...

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I didn't know about stickers during my Subspace run either. :awesome:

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
Well, I knew about the stickers because I followed the Dojo everyday! It would've been nice to be able to use those outside of Subspace. Imagine stickers being used in tournaments. :o

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Didn't they do this for the new Spyro games? Sounds like a good way for Nintendo to take your money...
No, those are physical objects, this be about the ingame trophies.

Well, I knew about the stickers because I followed the Dojo everyday!
Heck, I wrote up the news posts on Smash News and I forgot. Probably needed for insane now I think about it. Remember the Kirby/Peach stage being impossible on that difficulty.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Whether you want them or not, Nintendo may very well make them.

It's something they are doing for Rayman Origins at least, and Nintendo are very interested to do it for other games.

The figures make money, just like skylanders, and Nintendo is not willing to let one of their hottest selling series go without a way to make additional money off it.

Edit: Does the OP specify he's talking about in game figures? If so it isn't clear to me

Octorox

Smash Apprentice
Writing Team
Personally, I love this idea. I love collecting things and the Wii U has NFC capability built in. Would be neat, better than just regular old paid dlc.

gothrax

Smash Journeyman
I loved the stickers in brawl, you got to see so many faces!! Like rob haywood:awesome:

Oh and it seemed im the only one who loved them from the start cuz when i played for the first time i found them one of the best parts of subspace :/ (and almost necessary when i played it in special botton)

:phone:

aba1

Smash Apprentice
I think it would be neat if you got all the character trophies you could make a chess set and play chess. That would never happen but it would be cool.

Also I think it be interesting to be able to customize the characters a little but I would rather avoid DLC as much as possible.

MelMoe

Smash Journeyman
I think it would be neat if you got all the character trophies you could make a chess set and play chess. That would never happen but it would be cool.

Also I think it be interesting to be able to customize the characters a little but I would rather avoid DLC as much as possible.
A game involving the trophies would be fun, & it would prompt another reason to collect them. I think stickers should become apart of the "special brawl" mode. I really like strategy & I think it would be interesting to come up with different sticker combinations for ur character. They would be more useful that way instead of only being able to use them in story mode.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Does it really take all that much time to take an asset from an old game or a frame of animation and give it a short description? I love the trophy feature because It's like having a grand history of nintendo book at your fingertips!
What with Melee AND Brawl to look back too, it should be a snap to collect data.

Jhonnykiller45

Smash Journeyman
I like the Trophies, I think that they should stay.
Also, if they come back, please don't make them the way they were in Melee, everything looked so round and strange looking, dunno why though.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
When playing Brawl I actually cleared Subspace, completely forgetting the whole sticker upgrade system. I can't imagine I'm the only one. Wouldn't be surprised if they dropped stickers and stuck with trophies.
So glad I'm not the only one. It made me feel accomplished to complete it on intense mode without stickers, and made me feel like an idiot for not realizing I could use the stickers. When I saw that stickers coulld be used to upgrade characters, I thought it was for actual play with friends and did not like the idea at all. Then I realized it was for SSE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom