• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Opinions on Clone Characters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speculator

Smash Ace
I like clones that make sense. It makes sense that a woman with similar proportions, speed and abilities to Marth, wielding the same weapon as Marth, would also share aspects of his fighting style. Likewise, as different incarnations of the same person, it makes sense for Link and Toon Link to share abilities. Semi-clones, too; as general representatives of Earthbound and Mother 3, it makes sense for Ness and Lucas to share some elements common to both games while also having distinctly separate fighting styles.

The only clone character that especially grinds my gears is Wolf, and it's really nothing to do with Wolf himself. He's the only character to share his specials with two other characters as opposed to just one. I don't want him gone on account of the people that like to use him, but I think his redundancy is particularly pronounced compared to other clones.

EDIT: Actually, that's not strictly true. Ganondorf irritates me as well, but for different reasons. I'm not one of those who insists he should use a sword or whatever, but he's just such a poor interpretation of a beloved character. He desperately needs a revamp.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom