• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokkén Tournament Opinions on Alternate Colors?

Senor Mexicano

Smash Cadet
NNID
Pokebub123
3DS FC
3909-7903-4188
When I first saw my Lucario-using friend going against a CPU using a red Lucario, I nearly lost it when it wasn't his shiny color. I quickly searched up Lucario's shiny sprite to make sure and it turns out he's supposed to be Yellow, not red.

What are everyone's opinions on this matter?

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Some of them actually look better than their shiny alternatives (mostly the ones that barely change), IMO.

I can kinda understand given it's important in a fighting game to be able to clearly tell your own character apart from others.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Certainly wish it was like Smash bros with a bunch of different alts to choose from, but of course can't have everything. As for the alt colors we do have it is a mix between meh and bleh. Also some of them just get half their bodies changed like Machamp and Pikachu. It is very weird.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
I really wish there were double battles in Pokken. That would be fun, and force them to make at least 2 more alt colors per character.

Last edited:

Spirst

I really wish there were double battles in Pokken. That would be fun, and force them to make at least 2 more alt colors per character.
Doubles battles would require a revamp of how damage works probably. Given how much damage hits do on average, team combos would mean death in like 2 seconds.

As for the colors, I have no strong feelings towards them. Some are cool I guess (Charizard, Mewtwo) but given how little I see the alternates, it's not something I care about. Would definitely love a palette swap/costume swap option though. Like Braixen with a Witch Hat or Shadow Mewtwo with a Linkin Park shirt.

Last edited:

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Doubles battles would require a revamp of how damage works probably. Given how much damage hits do on average, team combos would mean death in like 2 seconds.
If they are good, the teammate will get them out of the combo; they'll always be within a couple seconds of each-other, and if the team is really bad, combos already deal less damage based on the number of hits performed.

Last edited:

Senor Mexicano

Smash Cadet
NNID
Pokebub123
3DS FC
3909-7903-4188
Certainly wish it was like Smash bros with a bunch of different alts to choose from, but of course can't have everything. As for the alt colors we do have it is a mix between meh and bleh. Also some of them just get half their bodies changed like Machamp and Pikachu. It is very weird.
Yeah, I can't stand Pikachu's alt skin. It basically only gives him bright blue pants. I wish the team were more creative.

The problem with this though, is that Nintendo would need better hardware. Battles with two players only run at 30 fps. Unless you want to be playing a 5 fps, it wouldn't be a good idea to implement it on the Wii U version. I'd sure like to see it in an NX port, though.

Top Bottom