• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Opinion on tech chasing.

Ministry

Smash Ace
I always use regrab for tech chasing spacies because its un exploitable. I dont think dash attack is good because they can DI it, and i dont think Ftilt is good because they can di it. i dont think there are good options besides regrabbing.

thoughts?

Kaffei

Smash Hero
i like to usmash sometimes because it covers 2 options at once (tech in place and one of the tech rolls) m2k does this i believe
most of the time i guess regrab is good

idk

gm jack

Smash Lord
Low percents, regrab tends to be best because it resets the situations and doesn't limit how much you are likely to get from following the tech well. At higher percents, when you just want the kill, you tend to have to play it by ear. While her tilts and dash attack can be DIed, if all you are looking for is a fair to hit them off stage, it's very rare for the fair (or another move which may lead to fair in turn) to be impossible to land. A tilt or a dash attack should be fine.

xbombr

Smash Ace
I usually just regrab because it's the easiest and hardest to break out of.

I like Usmash too, it can set up for some decent combos, but you have to predict a non-tech or tech in place to make it work.

You can dsmash too if you're looking to get them off-stage. Otherwise, you can running dtilt or something depending on % and hope for bad DI to set up for an aerial.

Generally regrab is best if you're playing a serious match.

edit: You can also jab a non-tech to force a stand up and do whatever you want to them.

No_Face

Smash Apprentice
At mid percents dash attack is probably acceptable if you want a quick kill against spacies - i'm pretty sure they can't DI in a way that completely avoids followups. At the very least you'll be able to combo in to more dash attacks. Besides, if you dash attack them and find yourself unable to follow up, they'll just fall back onto the ground or on a platform, giving you another tech chase attempt that you would have gotten anyway.

DualCats

Smash Ace
One significant advantage of using moves that aren't regrabs is that you can potentially get a gimp out of it. Proximity to the edge is a factor but even in the middle of the stage, dash attacks are difficult to DI such that it cannot be punished (percent dependent, obvz) Same story with ftilt. Regrab is perhaps the most practical option overall, it is by no means the only good option.

Konata Star

Smash Rookie
Sometimes I will use dash attack then turn and grab (Assuming they DI behind me). You can always end a tech chase with a dthrow, ftilt, fair so I use that sometimes. If they are at a high enough percent and they tech towards the ledge I tend to dsmash to kill. i don't know how effective that last method is though.

Top Bottom