• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Open Smash Challenge In The Philadelphia Area

Salv8tion

Smash Rookie
Philadelphia, we would like to extend a challenge to anyone out there who thinks they’re good at Super Smash Brothers on the Nintendo 64. My roommate and I are pretty good, and we thought we’d test the market and see who’s for real in the world of Smash. We’re aware of the Drexel Smash Club, but all they do is touch each other and play the Gamecube version. We’re not interested in anything but the original, because it’s the best version out there. So if you want to potentially make some money with your hidden talent of Super Smash Brothers 64, we’re ready. We can be reached to set up a game either here on Facebook or through our contact information provided below. The question is, are you up for the challenge?

Details
• Minimum Wager is $10
• Team Battle or Free For All 1 vs 1
• Best of 5
• No Items (duh)
• Levels are chosen at random (Samus’ level and the bull**** Mario pipe level are off the table)

Contact Information

Ryan Golonka

ryangolonka@gmail.com

609-230-3540

Chris Bizzarro

Cbizzarro22@gmail.com

908-610-7586

P.S. Here is the link for the Facebook group as well.
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=350286635952

The Star King

Smash Hero
Tigerbombz knows that he can challenge for a million dollars and they promised to accept =[

DMoogle

A$
Philadephia is a pretty **** long drive, but if you guys have a few grand and are willing to go something like $100/match, I might make the trip up for 1v1s in the summer.

DMoogle

A$
A$ you gotta negotiate a better deal.

Like 20 matches $100 each or something.
That wasn't an offer, that was just to see if there was interest. If I were to drive up there, I would want a guarantee that we could play x amount of matches before they have the option of refusing me additional action.

valoem

Smash Journeyman
Hey, I live in the Philadelphia area MY SN on AIM is krrzazn ill play u i make a post on facebook i'm rusty but ill play for $10

Skrlx

Smash Champion
This post reminds me of the guy announcing this smash 64 "tournament" with the 200 (or was it 100?) pre-regs lol

Just make sure that at the end of the road trip you don't encounter Chris Hansen.

"why don't you take a seat over there"

malva00

Smash Master
This is almost as funny as the guy who offered to fly me to his area to play against a bunch of rich kids who play ssb against each other for thousands of dollars.

He was going to supply me with the money to bet, and I was to give him a percentage of the winnings.

I didn't do it because I wouldn't have been allowed to tell the rich kids who I was and how well I played. I'd rather have people know what they are getting into before I possibly take large sums of money from them.

Salv8tion

Smash Rookie
You guys don't play online? :cry:
Haven't gotten to that point yet, though I'm sure we'd be willing to learn how to make that happen. How does it work? Is it just an emulator on the computer and you play with the keyboard? Not sure how I would feel about playing Smash without the controller...

And to respond to talks of large bets, we were just interested to see who's out there in our area that claim to be pretty good/professional smash players. We're willing to play several $10 matches just to see how we match up against "the best". I'm not looking to loose an arm because I got in too deep with the Smash sharks :)

DMoogle

A$
This is almost as funny as the guy who offered to fly me to his area to play against a bunch of rich kids who play ssb against each other for thousands of dollars.

He was going to supply me with the money to bet, and I was to give him a percentage of the winnings.

I didn't do it because I wouldn't have been allowed to tell the rich kids who I was and how well I played. I'd rather have people know what they are getting into before I possibly take large sums of money from them.
Hahahahahahaha I think I know who this was, and who he was going to have you play against.

I was considering asking you to do the same thing, except I wouldn't have had that stupid rule of not letting them know your reputation.

I ended up playing against them... and winning. :)

Top Bottom