• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OoS Skills

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tikun

Smash Apprentice
Ok Pit boards,
I was lurking around Diddy's Boards and i saw some comments about OoS skills. And i've never seen any one even discussing about this in our boards.
Than that's why i started this.

Can you guys tell me the best options to do against x-character OoS?

For those who don't now... OoS means Out of Sheild.
Contribute. Please.

MysteriousSilver

Smash Ace
I almost invariably go with Fsmash... doesn't feel like a great idea against some characters with range, though, (i.e., Marth, Olimar.)

Our upsmash blows, so that's out of the question.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I did notice that I tend to use D-air quite a bit, not just OOS either. Well, I know that I use an OOS D-air against "Get up from ledge" Attacks and a few other moves. I think I use it frequently because I jump in the air in attempts to avoid some possible punishing, and it sends the opponent in the air, where Pit does quite good where the opponent is above Pit, well, against most chars anyways.

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
*Sigh* Nair is the best move used out of shield in most cases. I think it's 8 frames to start up and you can jump directly out of your shield.

Coffee™

I need it....
Usmash, Nair, Fsmash, and Dtilt are the best moves OoS. Just pick which ever one suits the occasion.

HolyCrusader

Smash Cadet
I kinda do something different out of shield. I use Wings of Icarus. They have a nice knockback and I can even stall into anything I want, or even retreat. Usually though, I just use a fast fall f-air since it pokes shields.

ShermantheTank

Smash Journeyman
If they aren't pushing you back you can shield grab. Or, if you anticipate a shield or spot-dodge you can do an infinite jab combo.

As for jumping OoS, you need tap jump off, so it'll take second longer for some of us.

Tikun

Smash Apprentice
Thank you that was quite usefull.
Can you guys tell me what OoS shoud be pit players be aware of? x)
Thank you again

LaIotun

Smash Apprentice
Thank you that was quite usefull.
Can you guys tell me what OoS shoud be pit players be aware of? x)
Thank you again
Are you asking what OoS things other chars use against Pit that we should know?

Tikun

Smash Apprentice
Yes, i'll give you an exemple that was taken from my daily personal-matchips xD
you should be aware of using fair as a aproach movement in diddy 'cuz he got a Fair OoS that can normaly kill you on you ledge game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom