• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OoS Options for Ike

JB_G.O.A.T.

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2165-6358-2520
Ike kind of suffers from a defensive standpoint in this game and doesnt have any real OoS options other than grab. anyone come up with any creative/janky things to do out of shield? I personally like to use d-air OoS but if i dont get the spike hit box to bounce them up or the weak knockback hitbox at the tip of the blade(allows for a free grab) its not safe. any ideas?

WhinoTheRhino

Smash Apprentice
Ike has one of the worst OoS games in the cast. Nair can be okay, but it's only really a good option if the opponent is above you. Otherwise, WD OoS and sometimes a roll/jump would be your best bets. As for jank stuff, Counter OoS is a popular one, and QD can work occasionally OoS as well.

metroid1117

Smash Master
From testing in the lab, shielddrop NAir (from fall-through platforms only) seems amazing if you can pull it off consistently. Other than that, I'd either resort to BAir OoS if they're behind you or more conventional options like wavedash or roll. Ike's OoS options are pretty bad, so the best thing you can do is try to not put yourself in that position.

Last edited:

Slaudial

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0233-0174-7067
Nothing. Ike's out of shield options are garbage and quite possibly the worst in the ENTIRE game. the aerials which look like they can be used out of shield aren't even good for that. Nair and Bair are 7. Ike has like a 4-5 frame jump so that's like a 12 frame startup or something. Not good. Not only that but Nair starts above and behind him so yeah. And Bair wiffs on like half the cast if done on the way up during a shorthop so whatever.

Last edited:

grandpappy

Where's the beef?
NNID
eyeplaybass
3DS FC
5343-9859-5848
Just be like me and never shield then get bopped for being too aggressive. :awesome: If you get stuck in your shield, I feel bad for you, son.

But for real what metroid said. I've been practicing shield drop Nair from platforms and it's super sexy. Just hard to do consistently.

Last edited:

Chef2

Smash Apprentice
If you want something REALLY janky I've been jumping away from my opponent OoS, then using eruption and b-reversing it back into their face. If you manage to get some good momentum away from your opponent (which can be tricky holding the stick far enough to get good distance on a shield jump and not rolling) usually the opponent will chase after you.

Then boom. Eruption to the dome, *****.

Top Bottom