• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OoS options advice?

ZSerge

Smash Rookie
What're some good out of shield options as puff against both fox or falco shine pressure?

And what're some good match-up proof out of shield options in general?

Crip

Smash Rookie
Wd oos is prob the best vs shine pressure, but buffering a roll can be good too. I really like wd oos in general, but fair (or bair) oos can be really good for punishing unsafe attacks on your shield. Honestly rest oos is very underutilized imo, even by hungrybox. It comes out frame 6 (I think) which is one frame before grab. Even if a falco just dairs you a little early on your shield, but he lands right on you to go for the shine(s), you can rest oos. I like dair oos every once in awhile because it's her fastest aerial to come out and if you're good at drill-grabs/upsmash, you can get a nice punish.

Last edited:

Boone

Smash Rookie
Fastest to Slowest OoS attack (Move: Frame it hits on)
Rest: 6
Grab: 7
U-Smash: 8
D-Air: 10
N-Air: 11
F-Air: 12
B-Air/U-Air: 14

*All data from Massive's Jigglypuff Hitbox and Frame Data (NSF56k) guide*

Last edited:

Massive

Smash Champion
Puff has garbage OoS options against spacies (just like most of the cast), and aside from buffering a roll you can't really hope to get out of their pressure safely most of the time.

It's often better to not get into a situation where you're stuck in shield to begin with. The sooner you can drop "wait in my shield and retaliate" as part of your strategy the better off you are.

Last edited:

42nd

Smash Cadet
wd oos is really good but do you guys have any tips on how to practice that?

Massive

Smash Champion
Buffer a jump during shield stun with up on the c-stick and get good at the max wavedash distance positions on your analog stick.

Crip

Smash Rookie
I wd oos by half pressing R, enough for a full shield. Then after I get hit all I have to do is wait for shield stun then jump and click R the rest of the way down and it will wavedash

the wizard howl

Smash Apprentice
upsmash out of shield is good vs falco
you trade a lot but get jab resets at low %s

Beach

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CallMeBeach
Quick question, I played a DK who seemingly always did dair OoS when I was grounded or after some sort of pressure, I did manage to place my self better to avoid it mid set but I still am curious to what I could do in a situation where Marth or the like try to do a dair OoS.

Top Bottom