• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OOS moves?

Buddha

Smash Apprentice
is it just me or does toon link not have a great OOS game? like wolf or marth for example have great ones.

what moves do u guys use OOS? i find that fsmash and dsmash come out too slow and with not enough range to hit consistently. up b maybe? discuss.

Drack

Smash Apprentice
OOS = out of shield.

Toon link can ftilt or utilt or usmash OOS.

Kilikan

Smash Apprentice
usmash works best, I dont see the need for oos though on TL, he's so **** fast, and he has an amazing grab (if it connects). Just rolldodge the opponent and connect with a normal attack, or run and projectile spam.

Buddha

Smash Apprentice
usmash works best, I dont see the need for oos though on TL, he's so **** fast, and he has an amazing grab (if it connects). Just rolldodge the opponent and connect with a normal attack, or run and projectile spam.
not need OOS? lawlz dood, the out of shield game in brawl is as important as it gets. OOS = win. and grabs dont count (its not truly "out of shield" per se).

and toon link isnt THAT fast to not need one, no one is. you cant shield a Fox upsmash and bair OOS before he can shield again. also mostly because you slide back too and it takes a couple frames longer to reach him. thats why upsmash OOS rarely hits because of its limited range. dsmash works but only if theyre right next to you, and thats not that often. but ftilt is good i guess.

honestly its one of toon link's biggest drawbacks.

Kilikan

Smash Apprentice
I still fail to see the importance in a great oos for TL, especially when we're given usmash. Maybe I play a closer (spacewise) TL than you, but usually using a roll and letting the enemy hit the shield then taking advantage of recovery, or simply rolling behind the enemy and then unshielding and using any attack does the trick for me. I could see on a slower character where oos might be of great importance, but TL? Honestly?

nopants

Smash Apprentice
Using the Usmash out of a shield is a huge gamble. If it doesn't connect, prepare to be punished. The Utilt is a much better option.

Metzger

Smash Apprentice
I still fail to see the importance in a great oos for TL, especially when we're given usmash. Maybe I play a closer (spacewise) TL than you, but usually using a roll and letting the enemy hit the shield then taking advantage of recovery, or simply rolling behind the enemy and then unshielding and using any attack does the trick for me. I could see on a slower character where oos might be of great importance, but TL? Honestly?
Are you sure the people you're fighting aren't terrible?

Put bluntly, OOS is important for everyone.

Buddha

Smash Apprentice
My suggestion is to jump, if Toon Link can jump OOS. If he can, then aerial away.
not fast enough. the point of OOS moves is to exploit brawl's ridiculously low shield stun then punishing BEFORE your opponent can shield again or roll/jump/dodge etc. the theory is to attack them DURING the attack lag of whatever move you just shielded.

the only aeriel would be a SH bair to someone very close to you would work. but the problem is, as ive stated before, a lot of smashes (assuming you just shielded some form of fsmash/dsmash since they have the most attack lag) slide you away and the extra frames it would take for you to reach them with an aeriel would take too long. of course they would have to be behind you as well = too situational.

i just dont see how TL can be top tier without a good OOS game its just too important.

Top Bottom