• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Ooki Ooki~!" - Rhythm Monkey keeps the beat!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
In terms of assists, I would like whoever doesn't get in to cameo on a stage or be assists. Like the wrestler or the monkeys or rhythm girl or karate joe or the chorus men, etc.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I can totally see Beat being the same size (roughly) as Pichu (if he's playable, of course.) It'd be really cute! And even more cute to see him interact with Diddy Kong!

Mega Hawlucha

Smash Apprentice
After today, I think that the Rhythm Monkey might be the most likely newcomer. Given Streetpass Hats are being given to newcomers (although this might be grasping at straws, but it a) Seems to already be the character they want to be the mascot of Rhythm Heaven
b) Would make more sense to give a Hat that links to a newcomer if a possibility arises.) and also the Sneaky Spirit heavily suggests a Rhythm Heaven newcomer anyway.

Add me to the supporters list regardless, this is the newcomer I never knew I wanted.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
After today, I think that the Rhythm Monkey might be the most likely newcomer. Given Streetpass Hats are being given to newcomers (although this might be grasping at straws, but it a) Seems to already be the character they want to be the mascot of Rhythm Heaven
b) Would make more sense to give a Hat that links to a newcomer if a possibility arises.) and also the Sneaky Spirit heavily suggests a Rhythm Heaven newcomer anyway.

Add me to the supporters list regardless, this is the newcomer I never knew I wanted.
You know what? I completely forgot about that until you mentioned it! Maybe little Beat (Again, my pet name for Rhythm Monkey.:p) actually may have a chance in SSB4 after all! I hope that if he's playable, he'll play somewhat similar to how I described him, being similar in stature to Pichu, and all that. It's all in a post that I posted here a while ago. Give it a look-see and tell me what you think!:)

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
If we do get Rhythm Monkey I hope he gets revealed alongside Ness and/or Lucas, since they had iconic monkeys in their games (bubble gum monkey and salsa, respectively.)

Dude, that'd be the best reveal video ever.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Guys, everyone, what does the Monkey do in the game?
What is he exactly?
He is discouraging in some way perhaps? Mocking?
Is any character, if not him?

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Guys, everyone, what does the Monkey do in the game?
What is he exactly?
He is discouraging in some way perhaps? Mocking?
Is any character, if not him?
there are various monkeys through out the games doing different things sometimes you play as the some times they show you what to do its these multiple appearances that have lead some to think a monkey would be an ideal rep for rhythm paradise

Mega Hawlucha

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys! Wanted to give this thread a bump. Also, I've been looking at Beat (my pet name for Rhythm Monkey) a bit more, and somehow, I find it only fitting that he should still keep his "rhythm gimmick" of fighting, but at the same time, he should basically be a seriously buffed-up Pichu. Judging from his appearance, he should be very light, but strong enough to keep others at bay. I know, Pichu wasn't exactly the "perfect fighter" of Melee, (Actually, quite far from it.) all I'm saying is, by looking at his appearance, he should be as small as him, and just as nimble, but keep a lot strength under his belt. (or......fur. Whichever comes first, you know.:lol:)
My problem with Pichu was actually that he couldn't get in any damage in without getting ridiculously close up. That said, despite that and recoil, I really did love playing Pichu. If Rhythm Monkey was like a Pichu Mk. 2 (New and Improved), I would be ecstatic.

With all that said, it would be nice for Rhythm Monkey to get some range on his attacks if he was a Pichu Mk. 2

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
My problem with Pichu was actually that he couldn't get in any damage in without getting ridiculously close up. That said, despite that and recoil, I really did love playing Pichu. If Rhythm Monkey was like a Pichu Mk. 2 (New and Improved), I would be ecstatic.

With all that said, it would be nice for Rhythm Monkey to get some range on his attacks if he was a Pichu Mk. 2
Thanks! I really do think that little "Beat" should totally be a new and improved Pichu. He looks like he should be that small, but still strong enough to fight off opponents. And how cute would it be for him to interact with Diddy Kong?!:love:

Mega Hawlucha

Smash Apprentice
Thanks! I really do think that little "Beat" should totally be a new and improved Pichu. He looks like he should be that small, but still strong enough to fight off opponents. And how cute would it be for him to interact with Diddy Kong?!:love:
There would have to be an obligatory King of the Jungle Event. Play as Rhythm Monkey and usurp the Kong family from power, even better if Dixie is also a newcomer.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
You do realize that now there's a problem of confusion when you say Beat, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom