• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Only promised DLC vs More new DLC

Only promised DLC vs More new DLC

• Only promised DLC

Votes: 17 25.4%
  • More new DLC

Votes: 50 74.6%

• Total voters

Robin Lucina

Smash Apprentice
Maybe they will announce Super-pack "Super smash ultimate 30 fighters pack" but it will cost a lot..

pap64

Smash Apprentice
NNID
pappel64
Switch FC
2966 0225 9209
Supposedly those are more just placeholders so that they don't have to change the code for up to 30 slots, that doesn't mean they are planning to have 30 slots if anything it means they aren't planning to get anywhere close to that or they would have given themselves more of a buffer so they wouldn't risk having to go in and make changes after the fact.

Not to mention characters like Bowser Jr takes like 8 of those slots and characters like Corrin and Robin take two, so its possible they put a bunch extra because they knew they would probably have DLC characters with different outfits like they did last time. If even one of the DLC characters is like Bowser Jr they will be through half of their 30 just on this pass alone.
I know they are placeholders for anything date and DLC related, not an indication of characters. Maybe I worded it wrong, but what I meant is that they have the engine prepped up for any characters they may want to add once season 1 ends, or like you said make spaces for characters that have multiple character model swaps and more. I still believe that IF we get a season pass 2 that will be it. Something about the way Sakurai worded how the last DLC would be in 2020 makes me believe that we are only getting those five fighters.

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
I know they are placeholders for anything date and DLC related, not an indication of characters. Maybe I worded it wrong, but what I meant is that they have the engine prepped up for any characters they may want to add once season 1 ends, or like you said make spaces for characters that have multiple character model swaps and more. I still believe that IF we get a season pass 2 that will be it. Something about the way Sakurai worded how the last DLC would be in 2020 makes me believe that we are only getting those five fighters.
Yeah right now I'm just sticking to what they say and not getting my hopes up for anything beyond that. 6 extra characters will be great, if more then that's great too but I'm not going to start assuming anything.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
real ****ing talk i dont want ultimate to be a ****ing games-as-service bull**** thing. i was super dehyped when i saw dlc coming because ****ing god it just makes the price tag go up the wait go long and the gameplay is constantly getting ****ing revamped.

just be ****ing done so a meta can form and actually stick the **** around.
yeah because the same old thing does not get boring ever right?

TheSpitefulWolf

Smash Journeyman
yeah because the same old thing does not get boring ever right?
honestly better than paying for the game three or four times over the course of the ****ing lifespan of the title.

and whups i forgot nobody plays ****ing melee/3s/mvc2 anymore, my bad, bring on the dlc

lol

Honest Slug

Smash Journeyman
real ****ing talk i dont want ultimate to be a ****ing games-as-service bull**** thing. i was super dehyped when i saw dlc coming because ****ing god it just makes the price tag go up the wait go long and the gameplay is constantly getting ****ing revamped.

just be ****ing done so a meta can form and actually stick the **** around.
Nobody's forcing you to buy the DLC.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
honestly better than paying for the game three or four times over the course of the ****ing lifespan of the title.

and whups i forgot nobody plays ****ing melee/3s/mvc2 anymore, my bad, bring on the dlc

lol
your not paying for the game your paying for the expansion to the game

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Probably just the current pass as it seems thats what Nintendo has been doing for other games (Xenoblade, Zelda, Kirby). I'll try and go more in depth another time.

Terradrius

Smash Apprentice
the pass was clearly stated to be for 5 characters 5 stages and music if you thought it covered more then it's your fault
Not to mention we already have confirmation that the pass doesn't include all the DLC - Piranha Plant is separate. Once he stops being free, you'll have to buy the pass and piranha plant to have everyone.

Top Bottom