• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Only having trouble against 1 character...

GuiltyPleasure

Smash Cadet
Im only having trouble against wolf, I know I shouldnt but I am, though he cant ko quick I have my damage racked up quite fiercely to a high percentage, and it wasnt that this was a decent wolf player, I only was able to beat him by 1 stock (I 3 stocked him with my diddy/ollimar) and all the other characters he played I 2 - 3 stocked him with my zelda, Can anyone point out some wolf weakness's for me?

Eldiran

Smash Lord
His primary weakness is his mediocre recovery. Din's fire should really help when he's off the edge.

Slayers8anisgod

Smash Rookie
Corydon, IN AIM: Slayers8an...IM me for 1v1 3 sto
I love fighting wolf with Zelda, especially n00b wolf(s) that do the laser spam and c-stick sidesmash spam. Nayru's Love is all I'm gonna say, it eats through almost all of Wolf's attacks, especially the overly abused side smash. Combine that with the fact that if the opponent is caught off guard with it and it throws them over the edge, it's almost a guaranteed kill, I beat a very good wolf in all of about 1 minute 32 seconds yesterday, all thanks to Nayru's Love and Farore's Wind. Don't forget that the direction that Nayru's sends the opponent is always the direction that Zelda is facing.

Nymphetamine

Smash Apprentice
I play zelda alot, and when playing wolf I switch to sheik she can take wolf out pretty easy very easy to pull the sheik slap on wolf when hes trying to recover.

PwnyRide

Smash Ace
Well, for one, you can out-camp Wolf any day if Wolf is camping. Your Dins' fire range is longer than any of his blaster shots (obviously).

Dont approach him and let him approach you instead. Sure it may be long and stubborn but more the most part it pays off, since Zelda has great defensive options against approaching enemies.

Dont bother wasting time reflecting any of his blastershots, since theres a chance you'll be punished by a well placed F-smash, which is what you dont want, since you wont be able to retaliate fast enough.

Hyphensmashing is what gets me through when Wolf isnt blasting away. Usmash's horizontal range is great (of course providing they dont DI out of it though).

EDIT: This is what has worked for me though, so dont take my word for it completely.

GuiltyPleasure

Smash Cadet
Ah Alright, Yea I usually play a quite agressive zelda, ive never played via turtling, ill have to try it next tourny I go to, Ty guys

Trapt497

Smash Ace
It's an amazing attack, it's a big part of my close range game if they're out of range for an effective f-smash or f-tilt, or if I just don't want those moves to have much SMD on them.
Hmm this is true but I never said it was bad. I just said in melee the whole diamond was huge and more effective imo. Also imo, its not amazing. But its definetly not bad. I would just rather use a different move in a close range fight. But I definetly use it to reflect projectiles still.

Whats an SMD slayer?

Top Bottom