• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Online Weekly Tourneys (Clown the Competition!)

Would you be interested in a weekly tournament like this?

• Yes

Votes: 11 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

SilverThePony

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4055-4975-1398
So I'm getting a Wii U on Friday (finally!) and with it, I was thinking about getting a good capture card, so I can start to host weekly tournaments via online play. I was wondering if anybody would be interested in participating, before I dump money into buying the capture card. With this, however, I'm going to need participants, commentators, and a Twitch channel (which I have prepared, so don't worry!)

It's common courtesy to ask anyone prepared to join to have decent internet connection for the best results. I'm also going to create a Skype group for anyone interested in commentating.

Overall, guys, I want to do this to give as many people as possible the opportunity to play in a weekly tournament without having to leave their home, as well as giving everyone the chance to have fun, whether it's through commentating, playing, or just watching! Please let me know if this is something you guys would like to see happen!

SilverThePony

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4055-4975-1398
Alright, there's one, plus a few of my friends who would definitely enter. We're going to need a few more, though, to create a whole tournament.

Alotoaxolotls

Smash Cadet
NNID
alotoaxiolotls
3DS FC
3969-4797-0441
I'd be willing to participate. A weekly tournament that doesn't require people to prepare for weeks on end and allows them to judge new strategies regularly sounds like a brilliant idea. I will definitely try to spread word of this. If you are in need of commentators I would be happy to help.

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I'd love to test my skills against my fellow players. I'd love to sign up for this.

Buffoon

Smash Ace
NNID
Buffoon_on_U
3DS FC
1719-3804-4029
Last online tourney I entered was poorly run; out of the entire hour and a half I spent observing the schedule for my fights, I fought one person. I proceeded to forfeit out of boredom.

If this tourney is better organized than the previous one I've entered, then I'm game.

SmashDivine

Smash Rookie
I'm in. Can you provide any of the details (time, rulesets, singles vs doubles, etc)?
Gratitude

Top Bottom