• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

online uber lag?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pikachun00b7

Smash Lord
First of all, forgive me for using the word uber. Anyway, the GC wireless controller creates lag a few feet away from the Gamecube. How would this be for the Wii that could be hundreds of miles away with wi-fi? i don't want to sound pessimistic but I have to with SSBB. Any thoughts?

M3tr01D

Smash Lord
play on kaillera sometime, there is definatly delay but it isn't "uber" or game destroying. kaillera is easily the worst program I've ever used to play multiplayer games with as well, so I'm sure it will be just fine on the Wii.

Of course nintendo doesn't know crap about online, so I could be wrong. But I think if some basement hackers can get roms to play online without "uber" lag, a billion dollar industry that has been making systems for over 20 years should be able to pull it off as well.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
O Rly?

First of all, forgive me for using the word uber. Anyway, the GC wireless controller creates lag a few feet away from the Gamecube. How would this be for the Wii that could be hundreds of miles away with wi-fi? i don't want to sound pessimistic but I have to with SSBB. Any thoughts?
It does? I haven't noticed any lag and I play from my couch which is a few feet away from my TV...

Heliosmash

Smash Rookie
Yeah, the Wii can be connected to the Web either wirelessly or using the USB ethernet adapter (Here).

As killbeast pointed out, the radio signals are sent only as far as your wireless router. The difference between a wireless and wired connection would be hardly noticeable under normal conditions. Major obstructions between the Wii and the router could contribute to loss and lag though.

What worries me is the fact that, unless your ping is consistently lower than 30 ms, the lag will completely hamper any attempts at serious competitive play.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
I hope that the online play is good, but if you want a great experience, tourneys are still better, you get to see people, meet people with similar interests.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
You really think no one's been concered about this before? Search around, there's a few topics on people worrying about online.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom