• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Online setup

mfroyce

Smash Rookie
I am new to the wii and Smash Brothers. I can brawl one on one with online friends, but cannot figure out how to play 2 or 3 players from the same wii. The manual says this is possible. Does anybody know how to set this up?

AlCaTraz644

Smash Apprentice
well first u go online then , whater player ur friend have them press start, if i;m correct. There's usually some blue lettering at the bottom of the character select screen

Phoenix812

Smash Cadet
It's easy. All you have to do is make sure that you have all controllers/remotes are connected BEFORE you go to Wi-fi. Once you're in a Brawl room, you cannot connect a new GC remote and when you go online, you cannot press Home to connect a new Wii Remote.

When you enter/make a room, you should have an little icon next to the other player box(es) that's the same type of controller/remote connected to that particular slot. If that controller presses start [for GC controller] or + [for the Wii Remote], then you should be able to get the person to enter. PLEASE NOTE, if you are in a room where other people are currently in, they may not choose to accept the second/third person on your end. In which case, you cannot have another person play since they won't allow it.

Also, if you enter a match in which the room says "Brawling (Waiting)", then you won't be able to have another person on your end join until after you yourself are accepted. Since you're probably not going to have enough luck on you to stay on the Character Select screen long enough until the match ends, you're going to have to either play through one match or end the upcoming match before you can get a person from your end to join the Brawl.

Top Bottom