• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Online Recording Incorrectly

allstar64

Smash Rookie
Ummmmm I just recorded an online match but When I replayed it it replayed incorrectly. Everything is fine till we got to sudden death. Then it seems to keep our actions the same but it started us in different positions so the outcome was different.

This happen to anyone else?

DAGanmanert

Smash Apprentice
Well, relativley.
It wasnt online it was just a regular match..I was Dk and was vsing Ganon
I totaly ***** him so i saved the replay jsut cuz
and when I watch it after I die(Normal) it shows me killing myself twice an ganon winning the math
o.O

Darth Waffles

Smash Lord
Lol ouch. I've never had this happen to me, or even heard of it before. As a question, does the replay change your moves to what the other character did, or does it just keep the moves, but starting the character on the opposite side?

For instance, in the DK vs Ganon example, if they were on opposite sides of FD, and DK was originally on the right side, moving left, would the replay show him on the left side moving right (ganondorf's actions) or the left side moving left (SD-ing over the edge)?

DAGanmanert

Smash Apprentice
@ Darth..Thats what I thought at first, but after I watched it again I realized it COMPLETLEY changed the moves an made my DK Sd twice..X.X

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
*sigh* I forgot most of this stuff.

Brawl replays don't actually save the footage, they save some button input thing. As in, it saves what the characters did, not the match.

So things are known to mess up occasionally. Especially with items, custom stages, and sudden death.

Thats what I vaguely remember.

Top Bottom