• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Online Ranking System

Number1Fanboy

Smash Apprentice
Not sure if someone already posted one like thiz....but....wouldn't it be cool if brawl had a ranking system online

u know az in.......u start out at 100 ranking score or something......and if u take on some one.....with a much higher score of 250 and win....u gain 20 pointz or what not...and if u loze u only loze about 3 pointz.....and if u fight someone with a score of 20 and win...u only gain about 5 pointz....but if u loze...u loze about 18 or what not

do u think thiz would work out?......that way u can challenge otherz who r about az good az u.......and won't have to waste ur time on noobz (i mean no offense...i still count my self az a noob)

Falco_Phoenix

Smash Cadet
Okay, first of all, stop using so many z's. Second, this would be a good idea, but it sounds too complicated. (hard to tell with all the z's) It needs to be simpler. Such as, level 1-50. 1 being 5 year old girl and 50 being ken hoang.

pikachun00b7

Smash Lord
NO it wont! It will probably be messed up. sure any of us can win alot by playing n00bs but the rankings will be distorted do to the big difference between SWF members and n00bs.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I won't be distorted if they make it so you get less rank by beating up noobs or if you only get rank by beating guys in your rank.

P.S. a moderater will lock you thread [if they feel like it, they probably will] or delete it when they see it.

fluffy

Smash Champion
um ill stay on topic.

sum1 double posted here.

and rankings would be a nice addition.

Varuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
People are going to try to create a ranking system out of this any way; Even if it means they have to take pictures of their screen.

I can see it now, every little kiddy will have a picture of their small tv in a darkened room in their sigs, and there will be fights, and everyone will be too chicken to go to any tournies.

all mouth from a generation we will never hear from. Thanks brawl room, thanks.

darkshy

Smash Ace
Kinda of like metroid prime hunters ranking system? I kinda like the idea but I would rather a win/loss ratio kind of rating system.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I don't like the idea of a Ranking system because then the players with the high ranks won't play with the lower ranks because if they lose then they will lose alot more ratings than playing someone their own level.
That's not such a bad thing is it? I certainly wouldn't want to play against a noob in a 1vs1 or 3 in a FFA, it's not fun at all, I've been there and done that.

buddy9246

Smash Ace
Next to the circle shaped square on the far side o
That's not such a bad thing is it? I certainly wouldn't want to play against a noob in a 1vs1 or 3 in a FFA, it's not fun at all, I've been there and done that.
Yeah, but say you had a bad day and did terrible and lost a ton of ratings. Then the higher ranks wouldn't want to play you and you would have to play against people you are alot better than. Then what would happen?

Number1Fanboy

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, but say you had a bad day and did terrible and lost a ton of ratings. Then the higher ranks wouldn't want to play you and you would have to play against people you are alot better than. Then what would happen?
well...then u just have to work ur way back up.......that'z just how life iz

buddy9246

Smash Ace
well...then u just have to work ur way back up.......that'z just how life iz
Yeah, I guess that is a possiblity but I think it would be easier to just not have a ranking system and just play online against other opponents. That way if you aren't as good as others, you can still play them and have them not think that you aren't good enough to play them. It always is good to play against someone better than you, thats how you get better.

Keige

Smash Journeyman
A ranking system where you never go down would be good. Winning would give you 5 points, 2nd would give you 4, 3rd would give you 3, and 4th would give you 1 point. You should never loose points because you're always improving.

buddy9246

Smash Ace
A ranking system where you never go down would be good. Winning would give you 5 points, 2nd would give you 4, 3rd would give you 3, and 4th would give you 1 point. You should never loose points because you're always improving.
Well, that would have its advantages as well as its disadvantages.

Advantages as the ranking would never go down

Disadvantage: still working on that.

Number1Fanboy

Smash Apprentice
i agree with that all the way buddy9246....u do get better when u get destroyed lol.....well atleast either way....u'll be able to add people to ur wii buddy list......so u can play with people u know r good more often

buddy9246

Smash Ace
i agree with that all the way buddy9246....u do get better when u get destroyed lol.....well atleast either way....u'll be able to add people to ur wii buddy list......so u can play with people u know r good more often
That is another advantage as well. Instead of playing everyone to see who is as good as you, you can just scroll through the ratings to see who is similar to yours.

Leoneri

Smash Ace
Keige has a decent idea there, but any ranking system will promote hacking/cheating 10x the amount of the game just being online playable.

Keige

Smash Journeyman
Since we know there aren't leaderboards, people won't hack as much because only the people they're playing against will know their ranking. Plus, people will always play in friends matches set to one stock over and over to get tons of points. It's going to happen, but I hope everyone on here can be mature about it and just play to have a good time. I can't wait for some Smash Boards online tournaments!

rsc_390

Smash Apprentice
Actually, there is a huge disadvantage to ranking with points.

What if say, after Joe's 3-year or so domination, Bob has an epiphany and surpasses the almighty joe? Despite being better and deserving the top spot, it could take Bob 3 years to get rank #1 because of all the points Joe has amassed over the 3 previous years!

Varuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
nono guyz I kno..... we can haev the great fox as a playable charcter and it will keep track of teh online rankin

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I want to be able to 'ignore' people, so even if they cheat for rank I'd know that that suckat the game and just ignore them, I don't know what would happen if someone invited a person I ignored as well as me. I just want to be able to remove the fluff.

JesterBox

Smash Ace
There will probaly be clans mmmm....claaaans *drools* clans for noobs, clans for mid level, and clans for pros. Clans for everybody, everybodies happy. Solving many but not all dilemas.

darkshy

Smash Ace
Oh. I cannot beleive I forgot about clans! Do you think that you'll be able to register your clan on wi-fi so you could have top clan boards and such?

Top Bottom