• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Online problem

Snakz

Smash Ace
I'm sure there has been a sh*t load of questions like this already, but none of them have helped me so far so i decided to ask myself

I cant seem to use the current ROM i have for smash bros cause it doesnt have the [!] next to it, i tried checking CRC in Winzip, that didnt work, and i cant seem to find any other replacement ROM's

please help

Thino

Smash Master
You're using an updated(Project64 1.5 or 1.6 ) ROM database , its the Project64.rdb in your folder
download the default one by installing pj64k again

FreakoFreako

Smash Apprentice
I'm also having trouble with online.. And I didn't feel like making a new topic about it, sooo..

I used to play SSB online fine.. Until that day... *Thunder in the background* Yesterday, I entered Emularena Grounds and had an unusual 93 ping (I always have 78 Ping). I had no download going on or any other windows and I desynched every match. Out of like 15 games, I only managed to play one til the end, every other game I desynched.

Today, I had 93 Ping again. Then I went back down to 78 Ping. But I still desynch.. Help anyone? And no, I'm not playing in Full Screen.

Snakz

Smash Ace
alright, new problem, every rom i have operates fine, except for smash of course

i can join other people's pre-game rooms, its shows up as "Super Smash Bros. [!]" which i know is right, but for some reason it wont load

help me out here

Snakz

Smash Ace
scratch the previous post, i got other problems

apparently my smash game keeps getting out of synch cause all the people im playing against start killing themselves

im sure this question aint nothing new, so how do i solve this?

SmashThugZ

Smash Journeyman
a couple of questions for you:

Are you on playing using dial up connection?
- if you are, I think that might be the main problem to your desyncing, since you sometimes might receive less packets than the other players. Im not sure how desyncing involving connection, so dont quote me on that
Are you playing in full screen?
- if you are, dont. full screen while playing messes up the game. again, dont know why, but it just does
Are you choosing random as the stage?
- That desyncs the game within seconds. one time, in a ffa I hosted, someone accidentally chose random, all 4 players ended up in different stages. I think the stages were Hyrule, Dream land, Sector Z, and planet Zebes.

If your problem is in question one, the only possible solution would be to get a better connection, hence, requiring a little more money
But as I've heard, connections like DSL is pretty cheap also, so if you're paying for dial up, I suggest you put in a couple more dollars a month for DSL, which runs a lot faster than dial up

Snakz

Smash Ace
Here's a reply to those questions, respectively

- no, im not on a dial-up connection

-no, im not using full screen

- i have picked random very few times, thats probably the reason for some games, but some times it desynchs when the level is picked manually and i dont get that

SmashThugZ

Smash Journeyman
well, there really isn't a ground reason to desyncing we can put our feet down upon
I can just say it just happens sometimes
As to why it happens a lot to you, Im rather stumped also

Top Bottom