• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Online League With Rankings

WiiBrawlers

Smash Rookie
Want to play in ONLINE ORGANIZED TOURNAMENTS for SMASH BROS. BRAWL?
FREE SERVICE.
We are going to hold
1vs1, 2vs2, single elimination, double elimination, swiss, and much much more style tournaments.
Some will have itemless, some with only a certain type of item, the possibilities and fun are endless.
Sign-up is as easy as 1,2,3 at
www.WiiBrawlers.com
If you have any questions contact me at email address: wiibrawlers@gmail.com
Or AIM screen name: wii brawlers

you can also play members of the league in "league games" up to 5x per day that help increase your rankings. Winners of tournaments will be invited to the TOC=tournament of champions which is a once per month tournament where the best of the best will compete.

Tournaments are set up with RANDOM SEEDINGS
which means that no matter your ranking in the league you will play everyone and not just those around your rank.

Single elimination

Double elimination

1v1

2v2

Swiss

True Swiss

Special Rules Tournaments

TOC

Invitation Only Top 10 tourneys.....and much more!

Miharu

Smash Hero
Can you guarantee that there will be no lag issues?

I doubt you can really have a latency-free game.

WiiBrawlers

Smash Rookie
Confusion

I definately know that the whole league online thing is confusing, i tried to explain it to my friends actually and they just said, what did you say to me?
haha
heres basically what is going to happen (of course without everything on brawl confirmed as far as how its going to work online its not in stone yet)

A tournament will be set-up and members sign up using a number called a Jump Code or Jump Number....there is a box to enter this number on the league page.

After you put in the jump number and hit enter or what not it opens a seperate window that is dedicated only to the tournament this page allows you to sign in with your user id that is solely from the site itself (not a wii password a league password and id)

This signs you up.....at this point there will be a chat room on the main league page by the time tournaments begin....in the chat room all the people competing will post their friend code and everyone competing will add the other members of the tournament to their friends list (to be deleted afterwards if you choose)

at this point we go to the actual tournament page where it shows who you will play and what rules to follow when playing...for example 1 vs. 1 with no items and 5 stock played on mushroomy kingdom and so on (this will change per tournament, each can have different and exciting rules)

The first round is played and the LOSERS will say in the chat room "lost to user good game" and then the tournament director puts in the loss and after round one is complete the round two posting will appear and the second roun will begin.....if it was a single elimination the losers will be out....of course it depends on the type of tournament be it double elimination or swiss (each player plays all rounds).

This continues until we are in the final round with the final two competitors play and the winner is the winner of the tournament (exciting)!

Each win gains you points and your rank in the league will go up.....

OUTSIDE OF TOURNAMENTS!
lets say man i want to play in the league today but theres no tournaments going on right now what do i do? well if you kept some of the users friend codes you can challenge them to a league match.....league matches are one on one and the rules are set by either player, usually the challenger.....

The loser reports on the league page.....

You can play EVERY user five times a day in league games.

I hope this cleared up something ?!

-tim

WiiBrawlers

Smash Rookie
No bot here

Sorry i actually had to look up latency (im not good with lingo)......anyways im trying to figure out if you are asking if the gameplay itself is going to have lag? well the tournaments themselves will take a few minutes possibly per round to set up and get your competitors friend code and then connect but as far as playing the game is concerned the only lag will be between you and the person (or people) you are playing....

If this did not answer your question then i didnt understand it and for that im sorry >.<
if so please try and clear up what you are asking for a lingo-impaired user. :)

WiiBrawlers

Smash Rookie
Lag within the game itself will depend solely on your internet connection and your competitors.
The tournaments themselves have no effect on gameplay, the purpose of being in the league is finding other brawlers to play and to be ranked based upon it....And to win tournaments.

Picture having your internet on your computer on and you are on the tournament page, it tells you who you are playing and you get that persons friend code and give yours to that person, you add each other on brawl and then play each other and afterwards report on the tournament page......

The time in-between matches will more than likely be about equal to the time in-between matches at an in-person tournament....

This league is not to replace tournaments with people in real time, but to have tournaments in the comfort of the home and at odd hours of the day and night.

Genuine

Smash Apprentice
Seems interesting but you would really need to guarantee no lag.
Man will lag matter that much? We are playing for bux not real money. Lag will vary depending on opponents. We are not playing on his servers we are playing on whatever servers brawl online will use. Also really how important is lag for tournaments that dont give money prizes. I mean i want to play just for the experience and the fun of playing other people.

WiiBrawlers

Smash Rookie
OH yeah i didnt clairify maybe thats whats causing the issue with lag....

The Bux the ladder uses are FAKE money its like monopoly money.....and bux probably wont even be a big issue anyways......

hope this post doesnt come off as rude lol....just forgot to mention that myself.

Thanks genuine.

------
the main reason i started the league is because i heard when you play online with people you dont know there is a rumor that you cant really choose any options as far as what items and stuff, and you only have a 2 minute timer and playing people you know around you will get not exactly boring but will get really old within time so this is a GREAT way to get a community of brawlers to play even out of league games/matches.....

Miharu

Smash Hero
If you can't guarantee that the games are lag-free, i doubt you'll gather too big a following. At the very least, nobody reputable will take said league seriously.

Good luck otherwise, though.

WiiBrawlers

Smash Rookie
Oh my goodness. How can you guarantee an online game would be lag-free? it is impossible. its based on internet connections between players.

Im not trying to be rude but if people are so stuck up that they wont play a game because it might happen to lag every now and then probably wont be happy with a regular tournament either because something small happened there too.

Of course you are welcome to try it out at least once and i would reccomend it when brawl gets going....i have a feeling people are going to get bored with the online options currently available... Its all about having fun and as soon as you take something too seriously the fun is gone and its more of a chore

WiiBrawlers

Smash Rookie
Im very excited by the support a few of you have shown wiibrawlers.com and Cannot wait to begin the tournaments here in just a few weeks! If you havent signed up then what are you waiting for? www.wiibrawlers.com

Invite friends, invite enemies, and just plain envite others! Let's get the word out!

SGX

Smash Journeyman
Seriously, how can he guarantee that a game is going to be lag free?

I can't believe this many people even made that comment. He is simply setting up an organized league for online play. He has no control over the Brawl servers or your personal internet connection.

If this league thing were to take off, I think it could be really amazing.

WiiBrawlers

Smash Rookie
Smash Child you just became my friend :) lol. Hey you should sign up while the good names are still available...The only "title" names gone so far are Fox and Samus......

Miharu

Smash Hero
Seriously, how can he guarantee that a game is going to be lag free?

I can't believe this many people even made that comment. He is simply setting up an organized league for online play. He has no control over the Brawl servers or your personal internet connection.

If this league thing were to take off, I think it could be really amazing.
Because unfortunately, even a little bit of lag either host-side or otherwise will screw things up. It's nice that there's something like this being started, but I doubt online play for SSBB will ever be viable for serious competitive play.

At most it'll just be casual, which is fine.

HenshinHero

Smash Apprentice
This is a pretty cool idea even with the issue of lag going around. Just organizing something like this must take a lot of time and effort and all in the hopes of making Brawl a little more enjoyable for others is reason enough to try. I'm in ^^

SuperSmashX

Smash Rookie
I used to play in a Myleague league for online Yahoo Pool (yea, i'm embarrassed), but it's a good system and i actually thought it would work well with the new SSB and Wi-Fi.

Lag could be an issue but if someone becomes ridiculous then they just shouldn't be allowed to play in the league, I'm sure most people will be well off.

IMHO, i think it's a great idea because I think it would be great for more informal tournaments to be held online just for fun and plus a bunch of wins makes you look good. I'll definatley be trying it out!

Top Bottom