• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Online lag

D

Deleted member

Only thing you can do is have a good internet yourself and an ethernet adapter.

Online is entirely dependent on everyone in the match having a good and stable connection, so if one person doesn't have it, nobody will have a good match either.

We can hope for an updated netcode later, but seeing as we're talking about Nintendo here, I say don't count on it.

And aside from that, you may want to play with friends (with the above requirements) in battle arenas exclusively if you want to be sure to avoid lag.

lucasla

Smash Journeyman
What you can do is buy a ethernet adapter to garantee that is not your internet with problem. Give priorities for 1v1 matches to lower the possibility of play with people with bad internet, cause the p2p system for 4 player matches doesnt work properly at all. And blame Nintendo for not providing dedicated servers and make the matches totally dependent of the quality and transmissions between all the players.

Ghazi

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
7167 3995 0203
I bought the UGREEN LAN adapter and it's garbage, still lagging and I don't even get 50 mbps down on a gigabit connection. Friend that uses an old ass powered LAN hub is getting 120+ download speed. Can't know the ping unfortunately. Anyone have a similar experience?

Last edited:
Top Bottom