• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Online Lag Source?

ScubaGoomba

Smash Apprentice
So the last For Glory matches I've been playing have been a woeful display of lag and I'm not sure where it's coming from, but it's to the point that I can't reasonably play online (just finished a match where the screen would freeze for a few seconds every five or so seconds of game play). Is there a way to find out which side of the match has the lag issues?

SwoodGrommet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RIPinpieces
3DS FC
3652-0583-3903
If all your matches have bad lag, then it's you. As far as I'm aware, there's no way to tell which side is causing the most grief. If you're not already, play as close to your modem as possible. Yes, even if it means squatting at the bottom of your stairs hunched over your Ds at 1:00am; been there done that.

If it's only the last few you've been playing, maybe you're just unlucky with who you get paired up with. Or maybe there's people in your house skyping or using other internet taxing devices? Either way, hope you get it sorted soon; lag is not fun to deal with.

ScubaGoomba

Smash Apprentice
It's only happened recently, but I also only get to play maybe 3-5 matches in a given day; there haven't really been enough for me to know it's definitely me.

Has anyone noticed anything, maybe about the nature of the lag, that indicates its source?

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
I say go to TestMy.net and run a genuine speed test. It is best to play most online games with 5mbps down at least.

It might be people on the other end. I have solid connections with friends and most of my matches have been smooth sans a few (curiously, bad connections came up when playing someone from SC, probably from a small rural area).

Hope that helps!

Top Bottom