• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Online hacking?

snuitergup

Smash Rookie
Hey, sorry if this has been asked already (yes I've used google xD).

I'm new to hacking, so I have a few questions regarding online hacking. Do you have to use different codes or something to use hacks online (not against random people, but against friends)?

I am going to try to hack SSBB using this tutorial ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9P5xeBAbwlo ) and letterbomb installed HBC. Somebody said that nintendo is banning hackers which hack on WFC. Is it possible that I get banned by nintendo when I hack using this method when I'm playing online against friends?

Last question, will a stage like for instance MH tri- jhen mohran cause a lot of lag when, also, playing against friends online who HAVEN'T hacked SSBB themselves?

Thanks a lot for your time!
Ps. Sorry if this wasn't the right forum to ask!

MR. K

Smash Journeyman
for the most part, as far as I know, most hacks in brawl, if you are going to use it against friends online...require both people to have the hack on.

otherwise the games Desync and whoever doesn't have the hacks on will start to see their opponents doing weird crap like randomly killing themselves, attacking thin air, etc, all because the games have desynced....and vice versa, the person who has the hacks installed will see their opponetns character do the same, attacking thin air, randomly killing themselves, etc.

a few hacks though like wario man or giga bowser ones can work, as well as the item rain hacks, or stage selection ones(such as starting on the homerun contests stage).

EDIT: i've also never heard of folks getting banned for using hacks

snuitergup

Smash Rookie
Thank you for your reply!

That really sucks :/
I was thinking about downloading the Green phazon yoshi texture, and according to the wifi simbol, it's "Wifi Safe!". When the symbol is red, it says that it might cause desync. Does the wifi safe thing mean I can use it without problems when playing against friends who don't have that hack on?
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php#Page=4&Order=Downloads DESC&Type=Character%Yoshi%
Scroll down a bit to see the texture and the symbol etc.
(If it's not there, then select most popular and go to page 3)
Thank you for your help

Life

Smash Hero
Yes. Wifi safe means that the texture doesn't include anything that could potentially alter the physics of the game and thus cause a desync.

snuitergup

Smash Rookie
Ah thanks a lot!
Would that texture cause more lag?
Oh and can someone else verify that I won't be banned from nintendo WFC?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
It will not increase your lag.

The only game Nintendo checks and bans people from over Wifi is Mario Kart Wii. Besides, textures and such are console-side only, Nintendo could never tell if you were using them to begin with.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
You won't be banned from Nintendo's WFC. And it won't cause more lag, either; you'll lag the same as always.

snuitergup

Smash Rookie
Thanks both

Will a stage like MH tri jhen mohran with Wifi Safe! also not cause more lag and desync the game?

That was my last question
You've really helpend me out, thanks!

Edit: Urgh sorry forgot to ask this. I'm going to use a kingston SDHC card 4GB for hacking... is that safe? I tried searching but couldn't find it
And will my friends see the hacks?

eco999

Smash Rookie
You won't be banned on SSBB Wifi for hacking and you won't get desynced. I have some PAL codes that work on Wifi,tell me your region and I will find some wifi hacks for you. Using texture hacks on your wii will only apply to you and noone else. If you are using a metaknight texture hack you can see the different texture but your friends won't. Using stages such as training stage or break the targets will work but I am not sure about modded stages.

EDIT : As long as the SD Card is FAT32 it will work I heard.

nessokman

Smash Lord
What value do i put in when doing giga on wifi?I tried 2c but i'm lost.

what values do i
put for item rain?there is 01 02 03 04 but there are four x's there to replace

Top Bottom