• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Online DLC for games.

Gamecube Kid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SuperSonicX2014
3DS FC
3325-3644-1635
Some of the games that should have online don't like 3d world. It would make sense for nintendo to patch or add online play to games like star fox 64 3d, and super mario 3d world. Not saying that they're bad without online just saying some people have family and friends who live far away and would play with each other online.

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
I think one of the big reasons that, at least for the platformers, is the desync issue. I've tried playing platformers on emulators with friends and while it isn't the same thing (by a huge margin), the desync and lag made it unplayable in some areas.

Gamecube Kid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SuperSonicX2014
3DS FC
3325-3644-1635
I think one of the big reasons that, at least for the platformers, is the desync issue. I've tried playing platformers on emulators with friends and while it isn't the same thing (by a huge margin), the desync and lag made it unplayable in some areas.
Desync and lag?

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
Here's a really solid explanation of desync, because I'm bad with words.

Lag meaning moreso latency as opposed to 'stuttering'. Like when you hit Button 1 to jump and its slightly less than instant response, like a half-second or so, which would completely destroy your performance in reaction-based games like platformers.

hopefully that makes sense; if not, i'll shout at my buddy to explain things

Last edited:

Booster

Smash Lord
Yes, Nintendo needs Online, it's Gaming's newest standard, any game that doesn't have it is left behind in my book.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
You can't just simply patch in internet pvp. It's a pretty huge thing that needs lots of parts to work. It would be quite an undertaking, if it were even possible.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
As for games like SM3DW/L or StarFox 64 3D, it's either the developers should have got it working off the bat or bust. Those games have been code frozen and something meant to alter a segmental area of code won't work. An expansion or even an eShop update would be more ideal.

Besides, their releases have come and gone, so it would be unwise to capitalize on them when games such as MK8 and SSB4 have committed online multiplayer with post-launch support heavily indicated.

Twewy

Smash Lord
You can't just simply patch in internet pvp. It's a pretty huge thing that needs lots of parts to work. It would be quite an undertaking, if it were even possible.
Don't Starve is getting multiplayer.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Regardless, even if 3D World got online multiplayer, all that means is Nintendo spent a lot of time and resources getting it in after the game. Spending resources on an older game like Starfox 64 3D wouldn't "make sense" though.

Gamecube Kid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SuperSonicX2014
3DS FC
3325-3644-1635
Regardless, even if 3D World got online multiplayer, all that means is Nintendo spent a lot of time and resources getting it in after the game. Spending resources on an older game like Starfox 64 3D wouldn't "make sense" though.
It would make sense for kirby triple deluxe with a mode basicly for multiplayer I mean it's not too late the game came may 2nd of 2014.

Top Bottom