• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Onett's Non-Existent School - A SSB4 Ness Guide [FOR BEGINNERS] [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
you should tell the reader that bthrow is a great kill move. You want to assume they know nothing about Ness.
I fiddled around with it more, and I guess you're right, I just didn't see much knockback at the early/mid %s. Should've done a bit more testing! >_<
But the
I'm sure you're just joking lol.
was kinda rude, in my opinion.

Noa.

Smash Master
You didn't know that Ness's bthrow killed?

Honestly it's been a kill throw since 64. :ohwell:

Like honestly how can you play Ness and not know that his btrhow kills? I'm shocked. :V

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
You didn't know that Ness's bthrow killed?

Honestly it's been a kill throw since 64. :ohwell:

Like honestly how can you play Ness and not know that his btrhow kills? I'm shocked. :V
Well, I've only started picking up Ness recently! :laugh:
I always played :lucas: back in the Brawl Days, plus throws weren't really a priority of mine back in the 64/Melee era either~ :p

neomadgic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
neomagic249
Low Knockback at the start, but in the higher %s it becomes a great Kill Move. Just don't go and use ittoo often or your foe will start to counter accordingly!
Counter what??

I like that you are trying SmashRiver64, but I feel like you haven't played Ness enough to know anything about him. What's worst, is that you are making a guide for some people to follow. Judging from your lack of Ness experience, I would not want a new ness player reading your guide.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
aaand time to move on.
Counter what??

I like that you are trying SmashRiver64, but I feel like you haven't played Ness enough to know anything about him. What's worst, is that you are making a guide for some people to follow. Judging from your lack of Ness experience, I would not want a new ness player reading your guide.
Thank you all for your VERY constructive criticism that benefits this Guide.
I shall dub thee;
"Jerks who can't seem to forgive someone for a Misconception they made once and later fixed, but who gives a ****, thy shall bully the mistake-ee so they stop playing Ness forever and gets their stupid face out of thy game"
Clearly you are all wonderful folks.

neomadgic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
neomagic249
Thank you all for your VERY constructive criticism that benefits this Guide.
I shall dub thee;
"Jerks who can't seem to forgive someone for a Misconception they made once and later fixed, but who gives a ****, thy shall bully the mistake-ee so they stop playing Ness forever and gets their stupid face out of thy game"
Clearly you are all wonderful folks.

Hi, sorry for coming as too harsh. Thank you for spending time to make a guide :). Some of the content looks great! I love the damage output and sweet/sour spots :)

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
bad guide
And now I know why you want me to stop playing Ness.
Everyone who Mains Ness is an asshole who can't seem to forgive someone for one TINY misconception they made about ONE move, and therefore if I am deserving of being Ness I should always reply
"LOL SCRUB HOW2WAVEDASH U SUCK CASUALS ARE LAZY ****S LELELELELELELELELEL"
I see.
Thank you for the "criticism".
~The Casual Ness Player who just wanted to make a Guide for Beginners​

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Enough. There will be no bullying on this board.

@ Bedoop Bedoop : I appreciate that you are trying and made a full guide because I know how much work it is. Forgive us, for most of what is on this board is for competitive play, and so casual guides are not seen as often. I suggest you really try to update your guide as often as possible the more you learn about Ness. The guide, as it stands competitively, is underdeveloped and could use some improvement (and I suggest first starting with playing Ness for a few weeks, then recording your findings.) I apologize; I do somewhat agree with the others in that I think you should've waited a bit before making a beginner's guide. However, I do think the guide can really grow and expand upon your findings as you use him more.

@Everyone else: Really guys, I expect you to give criticism yes, but I don't expect you to be rude (that goes for your counter responses as well, SmashRiver.) We can help each other by pointing out the good and the bad of something to help someone learn.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
To be brutally honest, I can't quite recommend this guide to people. It's very bare bones, only giving a brief overview of the most basic applications of each move, not necessarily stating how or how much it should be used. You should list some applications or your thoughts on each move at least, otherwise Ness players reading this guide won't know which moves are the best to be using.

You also fail to give a general strategic game plan for Ness, other than saying he's a mid-range character and to punish things. I actually disagree with the whole mid-range thing personally, as Ness needs to be close to exploit his powerful grab and combo game, and punishment isn't really a strategy, more like something all characters must capitalize on.

In addition to this, a lot of the combos you listed aren't combos, nor do they even really work in optimal situations against good players. Almost all of those dtilt combos won't work, as dtilt doesn't even properly combo into itself (which is bull****). Fair, DJ, bair shouldn't work in most situations either.

Sorry, but this isn't me just saying "it sucks," I'm actually giving you my critical thoughts here.

Screk

Lost in moonside
NNID
Screkness
I agree with @ Yink Yink and @ Earthbound360 Earthbound360 very little information given on combo's among other things. While this guide is bare bones it can be improved by playing Ness yourself or asking around on the Ness board. Many others here and myself won't mind helping out if you need some questions answered. :D

Lochy

Smash Ace
NNID
Lochinator
Hey man I am glad to see another ness guide up here. I know that this guide is for beginners but I feel that you should add maybe 2 or 3 good combos for beginners to start learning. For example down throw into fair. That may seem more advanced but you learn how to do it quite quickly.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
This guide has been removed and is no longer available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom