• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

onett returning...

SmashnTendo

Smash Apprentice
so today's update had onett returning...I'm not a history buff on the series...is onett from only the games ness was in? or was it in the lucas games also? if it's a stage that came only from ness' story then it might put SOME favor into the argument of ness returning...

P.S. maybe I should have put this in the character forum, not stages....:)

jericho young

Smash Rookie
onett was in mother 2, which was the game ness was in

personally, i dont think ness is in, as one rep for the mother series seems plenty, but i see your point with the arguement that ness could be hinted to return

AnimalCrosser

Smash Cadet
personally, i dont think ness is in, as one rep for the mother series seems plenty
It needs more than one rep. Mother 3 has come out, and there's some great characters from that they can use. Also, they could bring back Ness. Mother needs more than one rep in my opinion.

Anyway, Onett is Earthbound/Mother 2 only, like said.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
Stages are meant to represent a franchise, not just one character. While Sakurai does Prefer Mother 3, he is obviously seeing Earthbound and Mother 3 as the Mother Franchise, instead of two separate series. I do believe this could benefit Ness since Onett is Ness' home.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I never really liked the rainbow ride stage, but I did like onett, Brinstar and the arwing(I'm not sure if this is the name, I'm always getting mixed up when it comes to starfox things)Yoshi's island was ok.

I hope the bring back something like pokemon floats...except this time with new pokemon that didn't make it to pokeball and be able to see pokemon towns below instead of clouds. and they should actually look like balloons with rope holding them down instead of looking like real giant paralyzed pokemon.

Shiny Pidgey

Smash Cadet
Onett was one of my favorite stages. I'm very glad to see it return.

So was Corneria, for that matter, but I was already sure it would be in.

I hate hate hate Rainbow Ride, but I can't complain about more content.

Greenpoe

Smash Ace
If you don't like Onett, then you haven't played it enough! I used to hate Onett, but then I realized, it's perfect for 1v1's! It's like Final Destination, except the cars prohibit camping. When I play, most of the fighting takes place on the bottom area (where the cars come) and when you see the <!> appear, everyone moves upward! Of course, this can create for some interesting circumstances (such as Mewtwo doing down B against someone at high percent RIGHT before the car comes, then hitting up B to avoid it himself! Or Jigglypuff putting people to sleep and leaving them to get hit by the cars, etc.)

ThoraxeRMG

Smash Ace
Stages are meant to represent a franchise, not just one character. While Sakurai does Prefer Mother 3, he is obviously seeing Earthbound and Mother 3 as the Mother Franchise, instead of two separate series. I do believe this could benefit Ness since Onett is Ness' home.
Quoted For Truth

Metaknightvision

Smash Cadet
Personally, I hated Onett the first few times i played in Melee, but I dunno, the location and music is very nostalgic to Earthbound in my opinion. however thinking back to how they spruced up the Hyrule Temple music, I'd LOVE for the Onett beta muic from melee to be in it, than the already existing music heh.

Can be found here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVel6eQP-xg

Shame its not abit longer lark :\

Top Bottom