• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

One question about kirby

SD14

Smash Cadet
1: kirbyciding is not the only way you can play him he is good in the air and also pretty good on the gorund so ya.
2:the counter is well if they do it right nothing if they mess up a good recovery will do it

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
lol, the Kirby boards are to help Kirby. ;p

In Brawl, Kirbycide's has been shorten down to only one move, and now it's just called swallowcides due to King Dedede can do the same thing. But the only way to not die from it is to struggle before you fall of the ledge, if a Kirby falls down the edge.... there is little hope for you but to pray that he has one life when he's doing it. XD

1: kirbyciding is not the only way you can play him he is good in the air and also pretty good on the gorund so ya.
2:the counter is well if they do it right nothing if they mess up a good recovery will do it
The reason I asked was if kirbyciding was the only way to play kirby is because a friend of mine constantly kirbycides with him and says "that's the way kirby is played" but I can play kirby pretty good without kirbyciding it's hard but I think that you can play an effective kirby without it. But I know i would get flamed for saying that LOL.

Jester Kirby

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JesterKirby
Well...you usually gotta get at least 1 life ahead before you kirbycide, and I agree that Kirby owns without it. I like the copy ability too but I'l use kirbycide in competitive if things start to get ify.

kenja0

Smash Apprentice
If I won a match and said "I am god" that doesn't make it necessarily true. It's just a social life taunt. There's an entire section of it on wikipedia.

JJ259

Smash Apprentice
It's definitely possible to play kirby (very well I might add) without Kirbyciding. Personally I never use it (because in friendly matches i find it a bit annoying/cheap) and I still win more than I lose against people who I would consider quite good. Your friend needs to learn how to use Kirby if he thinks that it's the only way to play as him.

As for a counter, now that you don't pop directly below kirby when you break out, it's possible to struggle out and then recover with some characters. If you time it right, you also will likely footstool jump off the kirby which can end up killing him.

YinYang.ERROR

Smash Journeyman
The reason I asked was if kirbyciding was the only way to play kirby is because a friend of mine constantly kirbycides with him and says "that's the way kirby is played" but I can play kirby pretty good without kirbyciding it's hard but I think that you can play an effective kirby without it. But I know i would get flamed for saying that LOL.

your friend is mistaken, Kirbycides are not the only way Kirby is played... nor should that be HOW he is played. Go watch some videos of T!Mmy, Cereal Rabbit, and Pink Reaper, (and me once I get some up)... You will see that Kirbys meta game is not purely based on Kirbycides, if at all...

Shiken

Smash Journeyman
kirbycide was a very integral part of playing kirby in melee, but its much less used in brawl, mainly because it's not neccassary anymore, alot of his moves got fixed and hes actually a good character now. The main use of kirbycide now is if you're at a very high % and your opponent is at a very low % and you wanna make the most of that life you're about to inevitably lose.

Plasmaexe

Smash Apprentice
Kirby does well without Kirbyciding, I actually haven't really bothered trying those kind of kills until recently. It's best used as a last result or if you want to kill someone while you still have 132% leading by one stock, though it's risky on characters who do superb at edgeguarding.

Reioumu

Smash Lord
wtf, Kirbyciding is noob. Pseudo-Kirbyciding is pro. When you suck them up, blow them to either the side or below the stage and B-air them. You still live and the enemy dies. Kirby is amazing without it though :D

TwilightKirby

Smash Ace
in a close game kirbyciding an opponent right after youve taken one of their stocks can completely turn the game in your favor like in a 3 stock match you kill your opponent and have 130% wait semi near the edge when they approach do a backwards shorthop+inhale and fall off the bottom congrats you have a 2 to 1 lead ... maybe 3 to 1 if they come out just before you hit the bottom and you can jump back up ^.^

Azuriken

Smash Apprentice
It's absolutely not dumb. Nor is ganon-cide, bowser-cide, DDD-cide, etc. What's dumb is the fact you let your friend kirbycide you all the time. What else is dumb is the fact your friend thinks its necessary. Kirbyciding is part of his moveset and it can give you a huge advantage quick or even the match quick. Say your at 100% dmg and your opponent is at 0%. You're on the same stock. If you can pull out a Kirbycide, then the game is even again. Say you killed your opponent and you are not at 130% and he's a stock behind you and at 0%. A Kirbycide can put you a full stock ahead. There is absolutely no reason to spam sucking or kirbyciding, in fact its easily punishable. Kirby's moves are fantastic, Kirbycides are just an added bonus

Top Bottom