• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

One question about Forefox recovery...

Kronox

Smash Rookie
Hi! I'm new to the boards. and after looking all the techs and videos ...[i started to realize how noob i was xD], but then i realized something else...

Angled Firefox recovery :confused: ??
I know the basic angles of the firefox are 90,45,-90, forward and backwards.. but here i've seen videos that show it can be done at 25º,75º

My question is.. How it can be done?, does it involves finger-slidding?
Mainly i play over kaillera using an N64 controller and i really want to know how to use this advance technique

As for my english, please forgive me
English i'ts not my mother language [i'm from chile anyway, we speak spanish here]

well i think that's it
Thanks for your time, and for all the stuff that i've learned at the forums

Saludos desde Chile ^^
Kronox

Umbrasquall

Smash Ace
It's done the same way as the 45, 90s. Just hold the stick in that direction.

EDIT: Oh you mean keyboard. Sorry I don't know about that.

PrimaryFox

Smash Cadet
Remember you can also affect Fox's travel path after the initial burst also. This helps to avoid ledgeguards. Start your burst at 90 degress and then once you have avoided the attack hold in the direction towards the ledge (don't forget to throw in fast downs too). Just remember to mix it up and don't use the same angles every time. Vary where you start your recovery and your trajectory to keep your opponents on their toes.

Hope that helps.

-PF

Kronox

Smash Rookie
Thanks! for all your answers and guidelines ^^
i know it was a noob question but xD... i can't believe i never though in moving the control stick in others angles, i kept pressing slowly or finger-slidding but nothing ahha thanks a lot guys.

well that is for my question.... but another one just poped up.
Do you think it can be done playing with keyboard?
my guess is.. No 'cause there is no sensitivity control in keyboards only repetition control ...
But, then again maybe i'm wrong..

Thanks, once again for your feedback

Kronox

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Angles other than 0, 45, and 90 wouldn't work unless you have like...8 directional buttons.

Top Bottom