• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

One Giant Middle Finger to This Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

spindash

Smash Ace
What is this, like the 1,000th thread of complaints/telling others to shut the **** up? Oh what's that?! :O Oh my! It's me not caring! So don't even bother pointing that out. I'm well aware of how many people have complained about Brawl, complained about people complaining about Brawl, the Melee 2.0 bull****, and you can add one big etc. at the end of it all, just for ****s and giggles. This place is absolutely sad. So bloody sad. It makes me shed tears of embarrassment in the midst of all the stupidity around here.

... Hooboy, I can just see the flames now. Watch 'em burn as I'm bombarded by a thousand people crying out, "YOU FAIL!" "GTFO OF THESE FORUMS IF YOU HATE IT SO MUCH" or the ever so popular, "lol nub, ur not gonna help anything. stop, it's making you look like a ******." ...nono! Wait! I missed one! "Join date 2007. Haha. Yeah. Not so important." I think I covered them all. Have we? Really? Okay! Moving on in my rant of how ridiculous this has gotten.

I could care less about the condition of GameFAQS or anywhere else you try to compare this place to. I'm talking about the Smash Boards here and NOW that we are all ruining with this relentless ****storm of hate on the game or flames AGAINST the people who are hating on the game. I can't go through a SINGLE page of the General Brawl Discussion section without seeing a thread telling others to stop flaming, or saying Melee > Brawl. Kid you not! It's impossible right now. Yes, this place is often considered an elite forum for the ones that PRIMARILY pursue the competitive aspect of the Smash Bros. series, but do we seriously need a hundred threads of people saying that Brawl sucks? Or that those people need to put a ****ing sock in it?

News flash. I heard you all the first **** time. And I'm sure everyone else did too. Now CRAM IT. This is going out to BOTH sides of the party here. The majority of you JUST can't leave it alone, can you? You just can't leave it at, "I don't like Brawl. I like Melee better. In my opinion, it'll stay more competitive. Just my opinion here. I'm not going to boast what I say as facts just to get the extra attention from the oh-so-eager flamers." or leave it at, "I personally enjoy Brawl's gameplay better then Melee's. That's just me though, I think others may agree, but hey. To each their own."

NO! Instead we get, "Brawl < Melee. Face facts. The fact that there's no wavedashing, no L-Cancelling, and the balancing of all the characters actually nerfed the core system of the game, everyone floats now, it's too slow, blahblahblah." Cry me some rivers so I can dump your bodies in them afterwards. I don't want to "face facts" as you'd like to call them. I'll face OPINIONS all day, thank you, and not have a fuss except maybe retaliate with what I believe makes Brawl great. Like how a debate SHOULD go. How a forum SHOULD be. Not flame wars, not trying to cram downers down people who enjoy the game's throats. We're getting the SAME crap day after day after day and refusing to move onto other conversations!!

I like Brawl better then Melee. Not because I'm a nub at Melee or it's because I feel like I have a chance to be competitive or anything like that. No! (side note, I am a competitive Melee player, and a competitive Brawl player. I don't need to be a big name like Mew2King, Gimpyfish, Ken, Azen, Chu Dat, PC Chris, to play the competitive aspects of Melee and the soon to be flourishing (IN MY OPINION LOL) Brawl competitive scene, I know how the games work).

Can't we all just leave the Brawl negatitivities to one single official thread, the Brawl praise to another thread that's stickied, and then leave the people telling the haters to shut the hell up to rot with no threads as they get locked/warned/banned/etc. for bringing the community down?

I came here looking for great debates and conversations but now I'm stuck with having to try and discuss the SAME material over and over again. Really people, can we move on just a LITTLE? It's getting ridiculous, and quite frankly, giving me a very deep degree of disappointment in the condition of these forums.

---

For those looking for the tl;dr version?

- I don't give a **** about being another person to make a complaint thread about all of the complaining, so don't even try to bring that against me. Won't work.
- Shut the hell up
- Shut the **** up
- Cram it
- Stop creating the same **** thread that's only fulfilling the same bloody purpose of flame wars and saying Melee > Brawl
- Don't like Melee? Play Brawl. Don't like Brawl? Play Melee. But don't even think of trying to force your opinions down upon someone in such a dim or cynical tone. Like "Face facts. Those that think that Brawl has a chance competitively are idiots who'll just be eating away their money at tourneys against the people just looking to sucker the poor kids outta their cash." Shut. The hell. Up. We don't want to hear it anymore. And if we do wanna hear it, we can hear it in a complaint thread that should be made so we can ORGANIZE all of this tomfoolery.
- If you do play Melee over Brawl, who the hells gonna care or ridicule you besides people that don't even matter? So do whatever you guys want!
- Brawl is less of a technical game and more about strategy and discovering the specific traits of the character that you use, rather then who can L-Cancel and Wavedash and SHFFL quicker to have the advantage in the match from a competitive aspect of things.
- Stop crying about people who cry about Brawl sucking. You look no better. And neither do I. Ironic, huh?

---

For the stl;dr (still too long; didn't read) version?

- Shut the hell up, and move on. You all look ridiculous dancing back and forth about the same **** thing; the same **** thing that happens to be so stupid in the first place. Move on, and never look back. I am starting right now.

If this is still gonna keep on happening though? Yeah. Spin-Dash here, flipping you ALL the bird and wishing you all happy little lives as you remain cynical over the internet about this video game. I'm gonna be playing and doing whatever I please, pursuing Brawl competitively, and remembering the good times in Melee.

- Spin-Dash

really_calm

Smash Journeyman
I agree. "melee vs brawl" threads are so pointless. Maybe if people knew how to engage in an actual debate. But we're smashers... not debaters.. we express ourselves through our fists.

But I'm seriously tired of that topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom