• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Omni-Wall Climb Master

Orion Prime

Smash Cadet
Title not referencing myself, but maybe one day...I've been practicing the omni-wall climb (wall jump-->B reverse charge shot-->cancel-->wall jump again) a lot lately, and its really ridiculous on certain stages. You can make it up to the edge all the way from bottom off-screen on Distant Planet, which totally blows people's minds.

I often practice it against the left wall in the training room, but am only to the point where I can string together 3-4 before I fail. Just wondering - can anyone make it all the way to the ceiling of this wall? I think if you can do this you're pretty much an omni-wall master. I've only made it to just above the second white line so far...

A video of this glorious feat would be greatly appreciated as well.

pizzacato

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
coda#0
NNID
Pizzacato
Lol yes. It's really useful on GHZ. Chevy had a video demonstrating it. But sure give me a sec, I'll make you a vid.

Last edited:

Chevy

Smash Ace
If you think that's difficult, try wave-bounce missile climbing.

Narpas_sword

Found myself in a position where this would have saved me last night. if i could do it.

I tried, got the wavebounce, missed the cancel and then missed the walljump.
was a very flaccid recovery.

Gonna put it in my practice routine.

Kind of on topic, can anyone tell me the timing for a Wavebounce Smash missile?

I can wavebounce a homing Missile, i can B reverse (or reverse b, not sure, the 'momentum stays forward, missile goes backwards' one) but i cant wavebounce a Smash missile.

Last edited:

Chevy

Smash Ace
Pretty much just shoot a smash missile backwards and immediately slam the stick forwards. The difference between wavebounce smash and wavebounce homing is pretty slim, you just have to get a feel for it.

Narpas_sword

that's far too vague of a name. If you're going to reference something from the metroid series, at least call it a maneuver, not a name of the game =/

*still salty that the 'superwavedash' got named such and isn't the 'mockball' like it should be*

pizzacato

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
coda#0
NNID
Pizzacato
Well if the SWD had a hitbox, I'd love to call it a Shinespark.
The "Speedbooster" is PM only https://youtu.be/0aijlgD4M18 (zero use)
You can also do a SWD into Speed Booster.
The "Mockball" is PM only, SWD into crawl w/ swd momentum. (Great for Falco laser shenanigans) https://youtu.be/hkNJ0dFvTlw
I guess the wall climb could be dubbed "Alcatraz" because of this sequence being dubbed that. https://youtu.be/HpxZbNlNN1w?t=5m42s
BUT only if you reach the stage in morph ball. lol

I dunno. Wall climb is good.

Last edited:
Top Bottom