• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Omni: 5 Steps To Learning How To Use A New Character

Learning a new character can be incredibly difficult. Many users are discussing their new characters over on the Pokken Forums here on Smashboards, and there are always players looking to try new characters in Smash. So what is the best way to learn how to use a new character? Omni gives out his five steps in his latest vlog.

Like the video and want more Omni goodness? Be sure to check out some of his other vlogs, like Why You Should Pick A Top Tier, 3 Steps To Finding Your Main Character, and Play Lame; Win Game. Learn something from the video or have more to add? Let us know in the comments below, and stay tuned to Smashboards for future discussion videos.

Comments

not sure if agree with the mirror match thing. to me that just means that me or my opponent know the MU better. I play competitive Mortal Kombat and me my friend often play Scorpion dittos. he consistently wins these dittos, but any other time i pretty much destroy the rest of his mains (Kitana and Leatherface) with my Scorpion.

Last edited:
D
Absolutely loved that part where you said "Most of the time you can't just pick up a character and start winning. ... MOST of the time". Cracked me up.

G Gimmick The idea behind the mirror match is just to see how your opponent is using the character in the neutral and specific situations. It's not just a match-up thing. You can learn a ton, such as how to recover, what moves are safe to throw out and what will get you punished. How to punish said moves, and so on. Mirror matches are great especially for someone new to a character because they'll begin to understand what to do and what not to do.

I believe Ness is far more technical and far less annoying/cheap than Omni seems to think. I usually love seeing these videos but the Ness-shaming always puts me in a bad mood.

User was warned for this post
i have the info of teh year, nintendo hired the PMDT and they are preparing a HD-mélée for the NX

I believe Ness is far more technical and far less annoying/cheap than Omni seems to think. I usually love seeing these videos but the Ness-shaming always puts me in a bad mood.
I'm a certified Ness main and I find these jokes funny despite being very knowledgeable on Ness and his techniques.

...But I do see your point.

Most of us here are likely much better than omni at fighting games, who is this guy anyway?. Just because you know how to put together and edit videos does not mean you have the best advice.

If you want advice on something ask someone who is good at it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom